Hello Friends!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rubheavy

Original poster
Nov 5, 2016
Houston, Texas Area
Hi everyone and greetings from Texas. The rains today haven't gotten down to me yet, but it's cooled down and is feeling wonderful. The smell of coals and smoke is running through the neighborhood this afternoon and though I don't have anything on myself, it's causing an itch that I'll have to scratch!

I currently have an Outdoor Gourmet Triton I got at Academy 3 years ago. Propane, coals, offset, I've run it all on that little guy, but I've been looking to make a big upgrade. In fact, I have a question I'll be posting about stick burners later this afternoon!

Haven't smoked anything recently, last smoke was a brisket for Thanksgiving last year. I've been relegated to propane duty, becoming a hot dog grilling machine for most of the neighborhood kids this summer.

I found this site a few months ago and have been browsing and storing up ideas I want to try and share with you guys. So now that I've rambled on, I should just end with 'HELLO!' and I look forward to becoming part of the community!

Welcome to the forum!  Get that smoker going!  
sausage.gif

Mike

Welcome to the group!

I'm also in Texas located in the North Dallas area. When you get a chance, update your profile with your location. We tend to share where local sales and such are.

If you're close to a Fiesta, they have butts on sale for $0.88 a pound this weekend. I have 2 that I'll be starting later tonight.

Will do Buzzard!

I'm in the Houston area, and why yes, I do have a Fiesta near me! Hopefully that sale isn't regional to the DFW area.

Hello neighbor. I just found this place. I am on the east side in Channelview. I used to use a home made wood burner but after several years of not using it and getting tired of my gas grill I got a pellet smoker. Trying to get used to it.

Hi popa! Congrats on the pellet smoker. Which one did you get? I'm still shopping around weighing my options to upgrade my smoker.

texas.gif
  Good evening and welcome to the forum neighbor to the south, from a gloomy ole day here in East Texas, and the best site on             the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

Sorry to take so long answering, things have been busy around here. I got a Smoking Brothers 30" pellet smoker. I've used it a few times and still learning. Sunday I smoked a turkey breast and it turned out pretty good. 

I haven't been able to get as much smoke flavor as I had expected, at least not as much as I used to get on my old wood burner pit, but I am still learning and sure it is something I am doing wrong.

I had considered a Yoder but let a salesman talk me into this one, still wondering if I should have gotten the Yoder, but that thing was a monster.

All in all I am happy with the smoker.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky