• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Hello all, Newbie from Florida

smoking g8tr

Joined Dec 20, 2010
I have been smoking for a few years and everyone thinks that the meat turns out great. I have smoked whole chickens, all kinds of sausage, hams, ribs, amongst other stuff. I have recently added a steamer to my smoker to make the sausage more moist and to get a more modern texture. I'm hoping to learn a lot and maybe give a little back to this site. 

0331grunt

Fire Starter
Joined Feb 5, 2010
Welcome!  Hope you enjoy the site, there are some great people here!  Looking forward to seeing what you can add!

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
Welcome to SMF glad you joined us. You'll find lots of good info and some great recipes here. Have fun and happy smoking

Joined Dec 20, 2010
Welcome. I am new to this site as well and since  I am also from Florida, I thought I would just add my introduction on to yours. I am not very accomplished when it comes to smoking with heat, I more enjoy cold smoking. I make some really good smoked cheeses. I am hoping to expand my knowledge base with this site. Again I say, welcome.

richoso1

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 21, 2007
Hello Florida, and welcome to the SMF. There's a mountain of a knowledge base here, so enjoy the read. It's all good my friend.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Welcome both of you Florida guys, I'm in Sebring now, grew up in Ft.Lauderdale. Where are you at?

flash

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 30, 2007
Another Floridian. I am up SW of Gainesville. What area are you in?

Welcome aboard, lots of good people here.

miamirick

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 28, 2009
welcome to all gators     im stuck here in miami wanna trade?

beer-b-q

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined May 1, 2007

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
Welcome to both of you. Each of you has some knowledge we will look forward to your sharing with us

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking

forward to your first qview.

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

First off Welcome to SMF. Hello from the Jax area here. You'll like it here for there are alot of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. Now there are alot of proven recipes for some amazing things here too. So if you need sign up for the E-Course it's free and it will give you the basics of smoking and some good methods to use also. So the next big thing for you to do is go out and get you something to smoke and if you happen to have any questions just post it here and we will be happy to answer them for you.

Welcome To Your New Addiction

GO GATORS

dougmays

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Nov 18, 2010
welcome to the forum!  Also a florida boy here...grew up in Crystal River, lived in Williston and Gainesville (went to UF), not in fort lauderdale

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.