Had a hankering for a T-Bone!

Discussion in 'Beef' started by dirtsailor2003, Apr 4, 2014.

1. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Saw some nice thick tasty looking T-Bone steaks at the butchers that I couldn't pass up!

Worcestershire bath, salt, pepper, garlic, and chipotle rub down.

300° Mini-WSM burning 365 brand lump, with cherry and pecan wood.

At the flip!

Done!!!

ENJOY!!!!

2. brooksy

brooksy Master of the Pit

Awesome looking steaks!! Making me hungry and that's not good because I'm fasting before blood work.

3. Great post!  Anything with the word steak in it usually gets my attention, so I'm scrolling down thru the photos, and I get to the 1 with the 3 bones. I'm thinkin, my dog would be gnawing on my kneecap at that point, I hope he doesn't just toss 'em.....  Next photo, HA!   That's one happy brood you've got there!  I swear, the look on a dogs face as they get to strip a steak bone is priceless. I think they enjoy it more than we do. (And they don't bitch if it's a little overdone!!

-Smoke on dude-

Mark

4. dirtsailor2003

Thank you!! IF I was fasting I sure wouldn't be looking at this site, that's just torture!

5. dirtsailor2003

Thanks Mark! Yeah they are some lucky dogs! I always leave a bit extra on the bone for them! When I was a kid T-bones were my favorite. Loved gnawing on that bone! Now I don't get to anymore the dogs do!

6. waterinholebrew

waterinholebrew Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Nice smoke ds, very nice !! :drool Nothin like a good steak & them sure look good !! BTW, your dogs are as spoiled as mine from the looks of it... but wouldn't have it any other way !! :biggrin:

7. dirtsailor2003

Thank you!!!!! Yep they are pretty spoiled!

8. hambone1950

hambone1950 Master of the Pit Group Lead

Those steak look amazing , DS ! Man , I don't know if I could give up all that nice meat next to the bone. I like dogs and all , but......:biggrin:

9. dirtsailor2003

Thanks Hambone! Its really tough, that's one of my favorite things, gnawing on a T-bone!

10. disco

disco Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Terrific looking steaks, seasoned and cooked well. Your dogs are gourmets!

Disco

11. dirtsailor2003

Thanks Disco! They love it when I'm smokin steaks, chops, chicken, well just about anything!

12. disco

disco Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I have to admit, I'd follow you around too if you were cooking this kind of food.

13. woodcutter

woodcutter Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Your steaks turned out perfect! Nothing like a shot of beef once in a while.

14. goliath

goliath Smoking Fanatic

WOW ...

i woulda wrestled the dogs for those bones !!!!!

15. c farmer

c farmer Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looks great Case.   A little red for me thou.   

Did you sear them?

16. foamheart

foamheart Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Great job Case! That steaks interior color is outstanding, it seems to not transition in color by depth. Totally amazing!

You get more out your mini than anyone I have seen. Beautiful Meat! Lucky Dogs!

17. dirtsailor2003

Thanks Todd! We've been eating a bunch of fish and chicken so this hit the spot!

18. dirtsailor2003

Thanks! I would pick one of the larger dogs to wrestle, that little ones feisty!!

19. dirtsailor2003

Thanks Adam! I was going to but decided not to at the last minute.

20. dirtsailor2003

Thanks Foam! I love my mini-wsm. It is my go to smoker. Its just to darn efficient, and easy to use not to! The lump that I used was leftover from a chicken wing cook I did the other day.  I just shook out the ash and let er rip!