Goose Pastrami and Swiss Cheese Snack Stick

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Fantastic looking sticks Inda, but you should have left a pellet or two in the mix. Kind of like the prize in a box of Cracker Jacks.

Point for sure
Chris

Great use of goose and nice thought to use the hard beef fat.
Congrats on the feature.
Why did you add cure to the fat?
Steel shot is a tooth breaker. Lead is definitely more forgiving.
Buddy of mine (RIP) had meat sticks processed by a local shop. He always dug out the bullet while cleaning. First bite has a lead slug. Don't think he got all his own venison.

Mighty fine there.

When my son was between deployments, he was on a goose hunting team in PA, I processed 250lbs of goose for them into SS and sticks.
That's a lot! How did you like the SS from goose vs sticks? What did you find to be the best use for goose? Thx!

That looks on point! Great way to use up some honkers!

Well, after 2 days in the fridge, it got cold enough at night to start drying them at optimum temperatures so I opened the window in the spare room, turned the fan on...was under 60*F; >60%RH. returned to fridge during the day. The back and forth really dried them fast and evenly...done in 4 days.

Here is the finished pics...
IMG_20221104_132205.jpg

Cross cut...
IMG_20221104_132228.jpg

The flavors intensified upon drying...really really good sticks. I will be making this again! MAybe even with deer from last season that needs to by consumed!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky