Good old Midwest .

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
some years ago we got caught out and the car got moon scaped, they totaled it and I bought it cheap, windshield-tail lite cover, wife said she rather have the payment lol. it was scary no doubt about it, 6" of big hail in the road in a matter of minutes,

Reactions: chopsaw
I saw that on the news earlier .

Just heard my Son and Daughter talking . He was telling her " The siren goes off and the first thing he does is move all the smokers under cover "
Lol .
Haha, yes sir. That's where all mine are. Lol

Reactions: JLeonard
O’Fallon PD cruiser
IMG_5533.jpeg

Either of those would hurt… but that big stuff hitting ya I’d think would damn near knock a guy out if hit just right. Sorry for the damage Rich… but if everyone is safe… that’s the important thing… Might suck to get damage or lose something… but stuff is replaceable. I know you know that… 😉

I heard about it on the local news. I was busy making sausage and didn't catch the path.
Glad you are OK auto and property damage is a pain. You might be looking at a roofing job this time?
We dodged one not long go that hit selected areas. No garage as they want too much money.
SmokinAl SmokinAl got blasted about a year ago. Not sure if Al and Judy have fully recovered.

That's rough Rich. Never seen that big. I think one time it was golf ball sized. Glad no major damage, and very proud of you getting the smokers under cover first.

That is insane, I can't imagine what that must sound like.
Thank God, we don't get anything like that out here.
Glad it worked out for you.

We get hail a lot around here. Truck wont fit in garage. I sent city a message to see what I can do about a carport. Pretty much nothing. Side of garage to close to property line. Has to be 5' from line. Asked about putting one of those heavy duty portable one in front of garage. Anything over a hundred square considered permanent and has to be 5' from house and 25' from street. Guess just wait for it to happen and use insurance. Sucks!

most of the family is from your area and there was some bad damage up there.
I must have been on the edge . That area over by 70 and Bryan road got hammered .
They had hail twice the size of the bigger stuff we had .

I'll have to take a walk around the house this morning and check stuff out .

You might be looking at a roofing job this time?
I was gonna do it the first time , but had my hands full .
If it's not missing shingles or leaking , I'll let it ride . I could hear it was getting pounded though .

I can't imagine what that must sound like.
It gets intense . All you can do is wait it out .

Light was shining bright this morning . Amazing it got missed .

20240315_060143.jpg

The biggest hail I've seen here in RI is pea sized. Usually when that happens there's a waterspout out on the bay.

Here are a few pics a friend sent me from about 10 minutes south of me in Plymouth OH. I also saw that in Logan County a tornado touched down on a mobile home lakeside community with 3 deaths and up to 40 injured.
IMG_20240315_090410.png
IMG_20240315_090421.jpg
IMG_20240315_090213.jpg

Reactions: zwiller
Here are a few pics a friend sent me from about 10 minutes south of me in Plymouth OH. I also saw that in Logan County a tornado touched down on a mobile home lakeside community with 3 deaths and up to 40 injured.
You beat me to it, glad you were ok. Was shocked to see it this AM on the news.

Kid you not was at a Taco Bell window during a HUGE hail storm and the overhang saved us. Car in front and behind and all the cars on the road were totalled. I will never forget it. Dozens of cars just stopped on a 5 lane highway and people standing near them looking in disbelief and calling their insurance company or the cops.

We had mostly pea sized but an occasional acorn sized hail fell here in central Missouri. Ground was covered about the same. No sirens tho...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky