So I Made Brian's Hatch Chile Stew....OMG!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks fantastic. BrianGSDTexoma has been on fire with great dishes lately. As I've said in several posts recently it's been too long since I've had these flavors.
Appreciate it Jeff and you're right. Brian has been burning it up recently with some fantastic looking food. Sounds like you need to get it in gear and start putting these flavors together buddy.

Robert

I would eat that right now if it were here.
If you'd been here I would have happily served you a bowl...or three :emoji_wink:
It sounds distinctly to me like you've succumbed to the enablers once again though. :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Nah. No way. Not me. Never gonna happen :emoji_astonished:
I keep seeing hatch chilis. I guess I will have to do my best here with Anaheims.
No shame whatsoever with Anaheims. They are great peppers with a really nice flavor profile, and very versatile. tons of great things you can do with them.

Robert

Nice looking bowl of chili Robert! My next batch will include some chiles.
Thanks my friend. this stuff was some kinda good. I tend to use a lot of peppers around here but really need to start focusing more on using them in Mexican, Tex Mex, and Southwest style meals. This one was without doubt Southwest but a tingle of Mexican mixed in.

Robert

Appreciate it Jeff and you're right. Brian has been burning it up recently with some fantastic looking food. Sounds like you need to get it in gear and start putting these flavors together buddy.

Robert
I may have some Mexican dishes in me after the smoke clears from 170ish lbs of butts tomorrow.

Good stuff Robert. Thanks for the comments.
Yes sir Brian, it was definitely good stuff and thank you for sharing.
My friends asking when I going to make it again
Can you blame them? Might want to consider a double batch next time :emoji_wink:
I been putting Hatch Chiles in everything.
So have I buddy, so have I :emoji_laughing: Made some Hatch chili enchiladas yesterday. Used the leftover meat this morning in an omelette for breakfast.

Robert

Very nice Robert, and nice nod to Brian for the copy of his.
Thanks so much Davidf and it was a much deserved nod. this stuff was excellent.
# bowls, man big nap after that, and I love doing cornbread in case pans
Yep...bed time came not too long after getting up from the table. Cornbread is loved by both of us but for some unknown reason I just don't make it as often as I should.
Thanks for the close up Mr DeVille
More than welcome you wooden barrel wearing aquatic daredevil :emoji_laughing: The close up shots seem to be getting very popular recently and all because of you buddy :emoji_wink:

Robert

Wow That looks really good. I know it tasted great. I do a version of it but it's nowhere near as good looking as yours is.
Hatch chili with pork Colorado style.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: jcam222
Cornbread is loved by both of us but for some unknown reason I just don't make it as often as I should.
That is why it is such a treat maybe, as it is not an every other cook.
just my 2 1/2 cents :emoji_sunglasses:

you wooden barrel wearing aquatic daredevil :emoji_laughing:
ha ha , it's cold in them there barrels, 🥶☃️ lol

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky