Getting back in gear on pepper ferments

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
I've slacked a lot over the last couple months and run out of active ferments. Got these ready to add the 3.5% brine and feed to the wild bacteria :) The green will be new batches of Mean Green ( jalapeno and green superhot blend) Red is a new run of REDRUM ( red Savine habanero / scorpion blend), I posted that sauce last week and proceeded to drop the box of bottles and lose them all!! The dark chocolate habanero I grew will be a pepper forward table sauce , they smell amazing! The white will be a new garlic forward sauce I think. Peppers are White Zan Coyote and white block. This weekend I'll kick off new batches of Pineapple Sriracha and a new Smokey Peach
1000006291-01.jpeg

Looks like your off to a good start, my mouth is burning just reading your post🥵
I think the mildest will be the "white" one. Only about 25% coyote by weight and the balance medium hot block peppers. The coyot are similar to a milder habanero in heat. They smell amazing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky