End of season pepper packing

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
I've been saving what I pick from my little pepper patch for a month and a half. Overall pleased with my little raised bed, pots and bale growing. Going to double the size next year. Today I added 2 1/2 lb red jalapeno, 2 lb green jalapeno, 2 lb chocolate habanero, 1 lb white coyote, 1 3/4 lb scorpion and 1 3/4lbs ghost. Japs and coyote packed in pound packs and a half pound leftover. Habs all packed as half pounds. Scorpion and ghost packed as quarter lbs. I figured quarter lbs mixed with other peppers in a half gallon or even gallon still create insanely hot blends. I've already got probably 25-30 lbs of japs, banana , block and red habanero in the freezer. I need to inventory it all soon. I won't be paying stupid eBay prices for peppers this winter!! Sauce on!! Pic is just the scorpion and ghost. Despite gloves I've got a bit of arm burn and after effects going lol
1000005488-01.jpeg

I've been saving what I pick from my little pepper patch for a month and a half. Overall pleased with my little raised bed, pots and bale growing. Going to double the size next year. Today I added 2 1/2 lb red jalapeno, 2 lb green jalapeno, 2 lb chocolate habanero, 1 lb white coyote, 1 3/4 lb scorpion and 1 3/4lbs ghost. Japs and coyote packed in pound packs and a half pound leftover. Habs all packed as half pounds. Scorpion and ghost packed as quarter lbs. I figured quarter lbs mixed with other peppers in a half gallon or even gallon still create insanely hot blends. I've already got probably 25-30 lbs of japs, banana , block and red habanero in the freezer. I need to inventory it all soon. I won't be paying stupid eBay prices for peppers this winter!! Sauce on!! Pic is just the scorpion and ghost. Despite gloves I've got a bit of arm burn and after effects going lol View attachment 677847
are those prepared in any way for freezing? de-stemmed/seeded?

Looks like a great haul Jeff. As my mother used to tell me. You must try everything at least once before making up your mind if you like it or not.

Chris

are those prepared in any way for freezing? de-stemmed/seeded?
Stemmed and halved. I don't seed peppers for any of my sauces.
Nice haul but anything that will burn my arm ain't going in my mouth 😉
Haha these would most definitely irritate the arm
I'd give it a taste....But like smokerjim smokerjim I'd be skeered!

Jim
There is reason to be scared of these lol. I finished a sauce of scorpion today. I'll post it up at some point. It is STUPID Hot. Iade it on request for a friend who buys and gifts sauces. He wants to shut up a few who brag lol.
Looks like a great haul Jeff. As my mother used to tell me. You must try everything at least once before making up your mind if you like it or not.

Chris
Wise woman Chris! These are great in moderation combined with other peppers.

Great harvest. My pepper venture this year was not as hoped.
I got 2 half pints of Datil Peppers in the brine.
3# of ripe jalapenos heading to the freezer.
Thanks. I want to try some Datil next year.
Wow. Nice haul. Wish I had a spot for a garden.
Thanks Brian. Not sure if you saw my poster setup but it's in a pretty small area. Combo of raised bed, pots and straw bales. Total area is probably 6 x 12. I'm curious now so will measure.
Nice crop! Great variety!
Thanks

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky