German Sausages and Meats

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Enjoy some meats from Germany.

I took these pics when we were in Magdeburg.

Couple different stores.

This was at the mall.
gmc.jpg

gmc1.jpg

At a market
gmc2.jpg

gmc3.jpg

gmc4.jpg

gmc5.jpg

gmc6.jpg

A food stand in Berlin
gmc8.jpg

At the store. My sister in law said they will take this from me. Glad i didnt get it.
hamz.jpg

mc2.jpg

mc3.jpg

Pretzelwurst. I made these when i got back home
pwurst.jpg

pwurst1.jpg

What the crooks in Atlanta took from me, this was only half.
sausagh.jpg

Wow Rick am in complete envy. I would love to travel & see those shops & eat some of that fabulous food. You are one lucky guy!!!
Al

Wow! Those shops would have me just standing around in a daze LOL!
There's a German meat shop here in Indy (Claus's) where the aroma hits you like a sledgehammer when you walk in. It's a small shop.
It's cash only and I make sure I only have $40 on me when I go. Haven't been there in a while but I'm thinking of going because I miss their Weisswurst and "Holiday Loaf".

Those pics are unbelievable. I have never seen that many different sausages together. I would run up one heck of a bill just taste testing some of those. Thanks for sharing.

Wow!!
It just doesn't get better than that !!
Thanks for showing these Pics, Rick!!!
Like.

Bear

My wife still speaks some German. She asked the women behind the counter if i could take pics, they all thought it was funny i wanted pics of meat.

My wife still speaks some German. She asked the women behind the counter if i could take pics, they all thought it was funny i wanted pics of meat.

You should have asked them "Kannst Du Micka Funga?"
Fresh out of Lancaster.

Bear

When we were at the liquor section i asked my BIL if this is real rum from Havana. He said yes its legal here.
I took a chance and bought a bottle.
No ya would have thunk that rum from communist cuba they would have taken....right.

They took my salumi but not the rum

booze.jpg

Reactions: poacherjoe
In my travels I have found that there is no consistency at the airport. It just depends on who the agent is. I have had expensive liquids confiscated AFTER buying them past security. I could carry on my fishing rod one flight but not the next. How you held it together after they confiscated the sausage I’d like to know; that may have sent me over the edge.

What the crooks in Atlanta took from me, this was only half.
View attachment 492893

Man that sucks, I would've been furious. I don't understand how they can get away with that except as you said, they are crooks.

In my travels I have found that there is no consistency at the airport. It just depends on who the agent is. I have had expensive liquids confiscated AFTER buying them past security. I could carry on my fishing rod one flight but not the next. How you held it together after they confiscated the sausage I’d like to know; that may have sent me over the edge.

Well the big huge sign behind the agents kept me in check when it read you can do prison time up to 10 years.

$18 worth of sausage aint worth the fine and jail time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky