Fried Walleye Po-boy for lunch...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
Caught a handful of walleye while in Kansas on vacation. Not a native species, the Kansas DNR stocks the lakes with walleye. With the flood 2 years ago, this lake was close to boat traffic for over a year so the age class of fish grew. We caught 7 and kept 5. Had walleye po-boys in Kansas and they were so good, I made them again for lunch today...
IMG_20210506_134437.jpg

That looks great! Lol, was wondering where the heck you got walleye in LA. I grew up in MN, nothing better than fresh walleye.

Great looking po-boys! One of the things I miss about Michigan.
Thanks Brian.

That looks great! Lol, was wondering where the heck you got walleye in LA. I grew up in MN, nothing better than fresh walleye.
Thanks WaterRat. Walleye is one of the best fish swimming in the fresh water...no doubt!

Love Walleye. Problem is there is only one place in all South Carolina to catch them, Good Luck
We don't even have them here in Louisiana....but we do have the ocean at our doorstep so no complaints from me!

Walleye is my fave and tons here in Sandusky Bay and Lake Erie. https://fishingbooker.com/blog/walleye-fishing-lake-erie/
:emoji_thumbsup:

Looks Great!
Thanks Peachy! It was good!

Great looking sandwich.
Walleye is still my favorite freshwater fish
Thanks FA!

Walleye is the Cadillac of fresh water fish no doubt.
Agreed...it is a great fish.

Love the eyes. . . great looking sammich!
Thanks Winterrider...

I agree on the wally's being the best fresh water fish . The Mercury levels in the river are high around here . So I don't fish them any more . There is a tavern here that has a walleye dinner that is fantastic .
That's a great looking sandwich . Nice work .

I agree on the wally's being the best fresh water fish . The Mercury levels in the river are high around here . So I don't fish them any more . There is a tavern here that has a walleye dinner that is fantastic .
That's a great looking sandwich . Nice work .
totally agree Walleye is fun to catch and great to eat.

Great looking sandwich! Love walleye also, just not a great fisherman or take time to go very often. But best friend from college and best man in our wedding is... so I grow sweet corn and trade for walleye! It's a win win situation.

Ryan

Reactions: Fueling Around
That is a perfect po-boy and walleye is my favorite fresh water white fish. Trouble is I'm a horrible walleye fisherman. I bet I have not caught 150 in my entire life and they are in every local lake I fish. I must not hold my mouth right.

Haven't had Walleye in years, but I have some leftover Haddock from dinner maybe eating it like that. Nice looking meal
Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky