Diet & Exercise

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Cruising through post and saw rhis. Hope your meeting your goals, and congrats to what you have already accomplished! Your meal prep looks better than most of our every day cooks lol! I plan on losing some extra pounds here pretty soon. ( got more pants that are too tight than i do that arent...)Not so much a new year's thing, just happens to be after we make saurkraut balls next weekend.....I'm going to eat 50 of them lolol. Kudos sir, keep up the great work and we all look forward to some more of your cooks!
I hit my goal two weeks ago. My pulmonologist called in his whole staff and they all cheered. It was pretty fun. I’ve now lost 130 lbs and the fun part maintaining it lies ahead. My favorite part was going from a 44” waist to a 32” like I was in college. Now I find a new normal as I can’t eat like I did before.

I hit my goal two weeks ago. My pulmonologist called in his whole staff and they all cheered. It was pretty fun. I’ve now lost 130 lbs and the fun part maintaining it lies ahead. My favorite part was going from a 44” waist to a 32” like I was in college. Now I find a new normal as I can’t eat like I did before.
That's awesome man! Congrats!

That is just remarkable, Congratulations!

Last seen on June 11th ............. Maybe all that dieting and exercise killified him. Just kidding, I'm sure all is well with Sven.

I’ve not checked in for a while. I’ve been on a diet and I’ve been hiking 5-8 miles a day in the big hills next to our neighborhood. But I hit a plateau a few weeks and could not break out of it. So I joined a health club, something my wife has pushed for years. That’s been taking up all my free time.

I decided to try swimming but I didn’t want to join the water fitness class and jump up-and-down with a bunch of old ladies for an hour to disco music. Understand, I’ve got nothing against old ladies as I’m married to one. Haha!

So I took up lane swimming with the retired olympians instead. I grew up on lakes in Minnesota and learned to swim but I didn’t really learn how to swim, if you catch my meaning. So at 60 years old I hired a coach and started taking swim lessons. I felt like a third grader.

My first lesson was a complete disaster and I looked like I was purposely trying to drown myself for an hour. I almost gave up. But she gave me some homework drills and slowly I caught on.

Now, in addition to my daily hike I swim 2k yards most nights. I swim at night because most native Californians think 68 degrees is too cold. The Minnesotan in me laughs. Most nights I have all 6 lanes to myself.

Well, I’ve now broken through my weight loss plateau and have dropped 110 lbs with 90 of that total being since February. I still have another 20-30 to go to hit my college weight.

I’m eating mostly salads, just once a day. My protein is mainly chicken, sometimes shrimp. Every so often I indulge on some flap steak which is near impossible to screw up.

It all gets chopped up, vacuum-sealed, then thrown into the freezer until needed. It’s not real exciting food but it’s been working. Throwing it in the Yoder or on the grill is great because of the added flavor and no oil.

I’m hoping to hit my goal by the end of the year and start smoking like a normal person. Here it is. My monthly routine. Chicken, shrimp, flap steak.
View attachment 643029

View attachment 643030

View attachment 643031

View attachment 643032
Good on you, sir - I salute you! 🫡

[EDIT] I did not realize this was such an old post I hope all is well!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky