Diet & Exercise

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dang man, I want to be on your diet! I do a lot of walking/hiking and it is a wonder activity for health and fitness for sure congrats and keep it up!

Reactions: Sven Svensson
Your perseverance is remarkable. Congratulations on your weight lose, that is a very big number, it had to take both a mental and physical effort. And you are still working it, totally awesome. I guess what they say is true, you only fail when you quit, keep up the awesome work.

Congrats again.

Your perseverance is remarkable. Congratulations on your weight lose, that is a very big number, it had to take both a mental and physical effort. And you are still working it, totally awesome. I guess what they say is true, you only fail when you quit, keep up the awesome work.

Congrats again.
Thanks. I’ve felt like quitting a hundred times but I can’t. I gave away all my clothes!

Congrats on the weight loss! I lost about 80 pounds in 18 months about 15 years ago and the long plateaus were tough. Glad you busted through!

2,000 yards (80 trips across the pool). How do you do that without being bored to tears?
I do a mile (72 trips across the pool) about once per week and let my smart watch count them.

SS, Good for you on your weight loss, it's something most of us need to do but rarely succeed at. Your meals look quite tasty, keep up your good work!

Congrats on the weight loss! I lost about 80 pounds in 18 months about 15 years ago and the long plateaus were tough. Glad you busted through!

2,000 yards (80 trips across the pool). How do you do that without being bored to tears?
I do a mile (72 trips across the pool) about once per week and let my smart watch count them.
I’m doing 2k yards because the coach I hired says in order to join pre-masters swimming I need to be able to swim that length in an hour. I’m getting close but endurance is an issue with me because I only have one functioning lung as a result of a car accident 20 years ago. I’m slooooowly improving but two functional lungs would be great.

My big work right now is to swim 50s instead of 25s and at least two 100s in a 2k swim. Once I can do that, pre-masters will be my thing. Next goal will be masters but those folks can swim 4k in an hour.

I’m doing 2k yards because the coach I hired says in order to join pre-masters swimming I need to be able to swim that length in an hour. I’m getting close but endurance is an issue with me because I only have one functioning lung as a result of a car accident 20 years ago. I’m slooooowly improving but two functional lungs would be great.

My big work right now is to swim 50s instead of 25s and at least two 100s in a 2k swim. Once I can do that, pre-masters will be my thing. Next goal will be masters but those folks can swim 4k in an hour.

Awesome that you are banging out 2000 yards. Swimming is a great workout - as I am sure you know. I can't imagine doing it with one lung though!

Breaking it up in small bits is absolutely fine - but, for me anyway - I tend to push myself hard on the short "jaunts" across the pool. This sort of workout is great but I never found my distance rhythm doing it.

I think when you get to 200+ yards you will find that you can find a rhythm that you can maintain for a good long while. Slowing down a bit can really help and you might be surprised how easily the distance comes.

Good luck.

Send updates!

Cruising through post and saw rhis. Hope your meeting your goals, and congrats to what you have already accomplished! Your meal prep looks better than most of our every day cooks lol! I plan on losing some extra pounds here pretty soon. ( got more pants that are too tight than i do that arent...)Not so much a new year's thing, just happens to be after we make saurkraut balls next weekend.....I'm going to eat 50 of them lolol. Kudos sir, keep up the great work and we all look forward to some more of your cooks!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky