Fresh Polish Sausage aka (White Sausage) pics added

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Attleboro,Ma
This does not have a lot of pics I was in a hurry to get it done.
7.75 lb Pork Butt debone and remove watery fat
100_0193.JPG
Ground threw the 1/4" plate no pics
Stuffed hog casings for rings,no links or smoke for these
100_0196.JPG
Fresh Kielbasa 5 lb

2 Tbsp. salt

1/2 Tbsp. sugar

1 Lrg. clove garlic ( 1Tbsp granulated )

1/2 Tbsp. black pepper

1 Tbsp. marjoram

8 oz. ice water

5 lbs ground pork

I only used 8 oz. water for the 7.5 lbs
the rest of the ingredients were adjusted
Richie
This will be tomorrows dinner hope I remember a pic

Nice work . I think I like the fresh better than smoked . Makin me hungry . Nice work on the stuff , looks nice and tight .

Reactions: zwiller
Nice work . I think I like the fresh better than smoked . Makin me hungry . Nice work on the stuff , looks nice and tight .

Rich were I lived in Jersey was a big Polish neighborhood I could not find Fresh anywhere,so I started making it when my 1st wife was still alive.The recipe has been tweaked very little from when I started.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

nice looking kielbasi, bet it will taste great

Jim thanks the fry test after I emptied the tube was right on.The LEM Big Bite doesn't leave much behind.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

NICE. New to sausage making but am totally digging the lighter and non smoked stuff like this. Itching to do some chicken sausage and hope to convert family.

Looks great! Fresh Kielbasa was a staple growing up. Always cooked the same...Simmered in a pot of Sauerkraut with some thin sliced Onions and a Bayleaf. Mom started the Sauerkraut an hour ahead to get it to mellow a bit and become more tender. Add the Fresh Kielbasa and simmer about 30 minutes or to 160-165.
The Butcher we used, Pulaski's in Linden, made one big batch, with Cure #1. Set some aside as Fresh and Smoked the rest. No hammy flavor but did have a slight pink blush. Really good stuff, my favorite too...JJ

I would suppose you would cook these like any fresh sausage -- simmer, then brown on the grill, like a brat??

These will simmer with sauerkraut an served with Pierogies
or mashed tatters.I may brown the kraut.
Richie

Looks great! Fresh Kielbasa was a staple growing up. Always cooked the same...Simmered in a pot of Sauerkraut with some thin sliced Onions and a Bayleaf. Mom started the Sauerkraut an hour ahead to get it to mellow a bit and become more tender. Add the Fresh Kielbasa and simmer about 30 minutes or to 160-165.
The Butcher we used, Pulaski's in Linden, made one big batch, with Cure #1. Set some aside as Fresh and Smoked the rest. No hammy flavor but did have a slight pink blush. Really good stuff, my favorite too...JJ

JJ I don't put onions in mine and I start all of it at the same time,gives that fat a chance to make the kraut all happy.
I've had Pulaski's an it is good.
Richie

Nice work as usual Richie. I hope you remember the camera at dinner time!

Dan I was just told we are having this on a roll,that is okay I didn't feel like mashing anyway.LOL
Richie

Oktoberfest vibe is strong in this thread. If you want another tater option, potato pancakes. :emoji_laughing:

Looks good Richie! I could go for some kraut now and it’s only breakfast time.

Like!

Joe Thanks I worked nights for many a year I can eat what I want when I want LOL Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Oktoberfest vibe is strong in this thread. If you want another tater option, potato pancakes. :emoji_laughing:

Sam That is funny I had potato pancakes Monday and some nice fresh fish. Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky