Fresh Polish Sausage aka (White Sausage) pics added

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It is interesting how different families ate similar foods but different ways. Sounds like you guys eat Potato Pancakes as a Side. With my family, particularly Mom's side, Potato Pancakes IS the main course, with Apple Sauce and a Green Salad as the sides. Potato Pancakes is a cheap way to feed a crew. My family does the same. Interesting note...Grandma, made the batter, 10 lbs Hand Grated Potatoes, Onions, Eggs, S & P and Flour to thicken, then stuffed a Hog Maw, pigs stomach, sewed it shut and Roasted it until crispy brown and cooked through. The Hog Maw was sliced, thick, and served with Sour Cream. The remaining batter was Fried into Pancakes for the squeamish kids. Grandma always set aside a 2 Cup portion to Sour overnight. Grandpa liked the Sour Pancakes with Kielbasa and Eggs the next day for breakfast! If their was no Pigs Stomach, Grandma baked the potato pancake batter in loaf pans, topped with Bacon, for Potato Babka, good hot or cold...JJ

It is interesting how different families ate similar foods but different ways. Sounds like you guys eat Potato Pancakes as a Side. With my family, particularly Mom's side, Potato Pancakes IS the main course, with Apple Sauce and a Green Salad as the sides. Potato Pancakes is a cheap way to feed a crew. My family does the same. Interesting note...Grandma, made the batter, 10 lbs Hand Grated Potatoes, Onions, Eggs, S & P and Flour to thicken, then stuffed a Hog Maw, pigs stomach, sewed it shut and Roasted it until crispy brown and cooked through. The Hog Maw was sliced, thick, and served with Sour Cream. The remaining batter was Fried into Pancakes for the squeamish kids. Grandma always set aside a 2 Cup portion to Sour overnight. Grandpa liked the Sour Pancakes with Kielbasa and Eggs the next day for breakfast! If their was no Pigs Stomach, Grandma baked the potato pancake batter in loaf pans, topped with Bacon, for Potato Babka, good hot or cold...JJ

Potato Babka sounds like you should show us how.
My Mom would always grate the taters I wound wind up with the Onions.
Richie

Nice work as usual Richie. I hope you remember the camera at dinner time!

Dan I remembered LOL
Lightly Browned with the sauerkraut I use Gravy Master to brown the kraut
100_0203.JPG
There is no cure in my Fresh Kielbasi
you can see the mustard seed an marjoram
100_0204.JPG
This is just mouth watering I wish I had more
100_0207.JPG
Thanks for watching
Richie

For those not familiar with
Gravy Master u only need a small amount
to brown the kraut
100_6474.JPG
Kitchen Bouquet works the same
Kitchen-Bouquet.jpeg

Another fine sausage cook by Richie. Dang you move to far north now for me even to get a swift. Looks awesome as always.

Warren

Warren Thank you worst part is all the cleaning when you make a small batch,my freezer is smaller in this house.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it.
Richie

Looks so good . I need to make more . Gonna skip the cure this time . That's a great looking meal .

I'm pretty sure I smelled this cooking! Mouth watering just looking. I prefer the K B. Mom used Gravy Master, I didnt like the bitter edge it added to her gravy...JJ

Looks great! LOL. Brown kraut. Mom and Dad do theirs that way and even add beef stock, onion, and crumbled sausage. I have been told the recipe is OLD.

I'm pretty sure I smelled this cooking! Mouth watering just looking. I prefer the K B. Mom used Gravy Master, I didnt like the bitter edge it added to her gravy...JJ

JJ That is why I told anyone tha hasn't tried it, go easy.I just had 1 piece that was left over for lunch.
Richie

Looks great! LOL. Brown kraut. Mom and Dad do theirs that way and even add beef stock, onion, and crumbled sausage. I have been told the recipe is OLD.

Sam Thanks

Let me see I have been eating this for 70 years LOL I make a Pork Loin,Crown Roast
Richie

Richie, Fine looking sausage sir ! I'm with Chef JJ as I add cure #1 also,gives me the smoking option plus i like the extra something it adds! LIKE

Reactions: chef jimmyj
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky