Fresh Polish Sausage aka (White Sausage) pics added

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dan I remembered LOL
Lightly Browned with the sauerkraut I use Gravy Master to brown the kraut
View attachment 405538
There is no cure in my Fresh Kielbasi
you can see the mustard seed an marjoram
View attachment 405539
This is just mouth watering I wish I had more
View attachment 405540
Thanks for watching
Richie

For those not familiar with
Gravy Master u only need a small amount
to brown the kraut
View attachment 405541
Kitchen Bouquet works the same
View attachment 405542
That looks great! Don't have any homemade sausage at the moment, but will buy some and have it with some kraut this weekend

That looks awesome Richie, we usually had knockwurst simmering in a pot of kraut growing up, but this looks to be a vast improvement.

point for sure
Chris

That looks awesome Richie, we usually had knockwurst simmering in a pot of kraut growing up, but this looks to be a vast improvement.

point for sure
Chris
Give it a shot Chris who knows ya may like it Thanks for the point I appreciate it
Richie

Yabba- Dabba-Dooski. :emoji_wink:

Bear
I agree with JJ and I speak about the same as you brother,being 25% noone spoke any of the different languages we are from. LOL Irish/Italian Polish/German Hiense 57 all the way.
Richie

I agree with JJ and I speak about the same as you brother,being 25% noone spoke any of the different languages we are from. LOL Irish/Italian Polish/German Hiense 57 all the way.
Richie

See Below:

Your Polish Cracked my Wife and I up!...JJ

LOL---Yup I know a little Vietnamese, a little Spanish, a little PA Dutch, but that's about all the Polish I know.

Bearski

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Richie

I'm 100% Pure Polish American. Both sides of my Grandparents came over in the early 1900's. Having a great deal of Pride in being New American Citizens, wanted English to be the families primary language. They pushed the kids to speak English as much as possible, both for the kids sake and to help the adults learn as well, with varied success.
Both my parents, first generation, could speak Polish but only used it to talk about stuff that was not for our ears or about my brother and I, in front of us. So now, I can understand some or get the gist of a conversation but can't speak more than a few words...JJ

I'm 100% Pure Polish American. Both sides of my Grandparents came over in the early 1900's. Having a great deal of Pride in being New American Citizens, wanted English to be the families primary language. They pushed the kids to speak English as much as possible, both for the kids sake and to help the adults learn as well, with varied success.
Both my parents, first generation, could speak Polish but only used it to talk about stuff that was not for our ears or about my brother and I, in front of us. So now, I can understand some or get the gist of a conversation but can't speak more than a few words...JJ

I am German and Irish.

Spoke a few words of German at home, learned a little from my grandfather.
Took 4 years of German in High School.
When I enlisted, we took a language aptitude test, and the next thing I know is they're asking me if I want to go learn a foreign language.

Sure, why not.

They say pick 3 European languages you would like to study.

I picked Russian, German and Polish, in that order.

Got Polish.

A year in Language School for basic Polish.

That's how I picked up the Polish I know.

Picked up Czech along the way.

Good thing is I can read Polish recipe books!

That's Funny, how my Grandparents did the same thing as yours did---Used Dutch to talk about us kids when we weren't supposed to know what about. And my Dad used to cuss me (and others) out in PA Dutch. Those words are the ones I know best, but I don't know how to spell them. They sounded like "Gut Fadumpt", "Duma Azul", and "Shisdreck".

Bear

That's Funny, how my Grandparents did the same thing as yours did---Used Dutch to talk about us kids when we weren't supposed to know what about. And my Dad used to cuss me (and others) out in PA Dutch. Those words are the ones I know best, but I don't know how to spell them. They sounded like "Gut Fadumpt", "Duma Azul", and "Shisdreck".

shisdreck = scheissdreck

shisdreck = scheissdreck

Bear
Gur Fadumpt= Gott verdammt

Gut Fadumpt= Gott verdammt

Yup---I believe you got them all spelled right !!
I only knew how to say them.
My FIL (WW2 Vet) passed away a couple years ago, or I could have asked him.
He taught PA Dutch for a few years at Night School at Quakertown High School (My High School).

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky