Forum Down

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TulsaJeff

Smoke Whisperer
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
Jun 28, 2005
Tulsa, OK
Sorry folks.. it seems the server had a bit of a hiccup. Not sure what caused it but I have been working with the host on it for several hours now and finally seem to see some daylight.

The main problem is that I did not know about it for an hour or two...

Maybe shoot me an email when it is down with a subject heading of "Forum Down" or something like that.

I would rather delete a hundred email alerts than to not know about it at all.. so feel free to holler next time it is having a problem
PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif

Jeff
I just want to say thanks for all the hard work you put into this place.....This is a great place and lots of great people here......I just wanted to let you know all the work you put into this site is apprecated.........

Thanks again..........

hard to send a email to ya jeff.........if site is down..........only place i know how to get to a addy to email ya at........

You can email Jeff by sending an email to jeff at Smoking-Meat dot com

Sounds to me like Jeff might want to move his hosting
wink.gif

Glad she's up again.

I thought about moving the hosting but man.. that would be a job and a half!

I may end up doing that anyway..
PDT_Armataz_01_27.gif

If anyone needs to get ahold of me just email me at:

jeff at smoking-meat dot com replacing the "at" with "@ and the "dot" with "."

Writing it that way, the email harvesters won't be able to recognize it as easily.

Hey Jeff, you can get automated reports of your site's downtime. I'll have to look up some websites for you, but basically they monitor your site for you and send you an alert if it's not accessible.

Hey boss!

I thought you took it down intentionally to give me and my fellow mods a rest!

PitRow,

That would be great!.. I figured there was something like that available but have not taken the time to look for it.

Thanks!

Siteuptime.com is one I have used before. They have a free monitor but it only checks your site once an hour. With the paid plans you can get multiple monitors and checks every 2 minutes, more reports, etc.

I'll do some digging and see what other people in the web hosting field recommend.

When the site went down I thought maybe you gave the keys to the car to glued2it and he crashed it. Never let him drive - he drinks too much
icon_evil.gif
biggrin.gif
j/k glued

Glad you got it cruisin' again Jeff!

I just added Jeffs email address to my emails address book. My intentions are to assist Jeff with knowing when there are website problems (I understand him and/or the moderator's can not be here 24/7). I figure with all the help his website has given me, the least I can do is give him the same assistance back if I know of SMF website problems.

Here is a big thanks to all that have helped me with my smoking endevors; THANKS TO EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU ALL SO MUCH !!!

jeff thanks for what u have and are doing here-last nite my gal asked why arn't you on the forum with your smoking buddies?I said Baby I know I been hanging in here more than I really should-and we all love to help each other so much we kinda forget other things-So tonite Baby I gonna Spend this sunday nite with you-lets watch TV if u want or better yet a nice nite on the porch-she chose porch-I added a couple hickory chunks(had too) and looked out over the desert and had a great evening with TBS.

Well if you need any help With it, let me know.

Since everything is stored in the SQL it's not really all that much to do.
(I bet this one is huge though)

The only problem is waiting on the name servers to switch over.

Drinks too much....Me?........... I huv no ider wut yur talkinin bout! sigpickles

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky