For those that don't know bone in loin CSR's

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fwismoker

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
North East Indiana
I know there's a few of you that haven't had these...Bearcarver comes to mind, I guess this is not common in Pennsylvania. .... Well y'all are missing out!!!    One of the best things pork related IMHO.

These were seasoned with only Island Spice Jamaican Jerk Rub and cooked over a fire with my 007 cooker.   Loin CSR's are made to be cooked over a live fire, soooo juicy and gotta love the clean smoke.

Sliced up some potatoes and used the griddle on the grill.  I put down some olive oil and butter with onion and baked on cheddar cheese on top so it formed a cheese skirt.

Thanks for looking, now go start cooking!

Last edited:
Looks Great Keith!!
drool.gif

Mighty Tasty!!    Like your Taters too!!
drool.gif
----
points.gif

However if you'd pay attention, you'd know I finally found some:
icon14.gif

Link:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/...tyle-bone-in-ribs-mojo-criollo-smoked-grilled

Thanks,

Bear

Last edited:

Looks Great Keith!!
drool.gif

Mighty Tasty!!    Like your Taters too!!
drool.gif
----
points.gif

However if you'd pay attention, you'd know I finally found some:
icon14.gif

Link:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/...tyle-bone-in-ribs-mojo-criollo-smoked-grilled

Thanks,

Bear
Well good I'm glad you found bone in loin CSR's exist...  What's the deal with several hours of cooking though?    These were on the grill for maybe 1/2 hour are less...only took to 145* being pork loin n all.

Well I forgot you have to do the smoke step first in the MES.   I'm real happy though with smoking in one step in cooking over a live fire, the clean smoke flavor is amazing, I wish you could taste it. Adam will tell you the same thing because he uses the same wood grill setup I do.... the clean wood fire/ campfire smoke taste is out of this world good.

Last edited:

Well good I'm glad you found bone in loin CSR's exist...  What's the deal with several hours of cooking though?    These were on the grill for maybe 1/2 hour are less...only took to 145* being pork loin n all.

Well I forgot you have to do the smoke step first in the MES.   I'm real happy though with smoking in one step in cooking over a live fire, the clean smoke flavor is amazing, I wish you could taste it. Adam will tell you the same thing because he uses the same wood grill setup I do.... the clean wood fire/ campfire smoke taste is out of this world good.
LOL--We know you hate Wattburners, but at my age & health, it's the only thing I can handle. Even that's rough sometimes.

However I get awesome results from it. The reason it takes awhile is only because I do it low & slow to get good smoke flavor, because I only use a very light smoke. The longer it takes, the more Tasty Light smoke I can get on it.

I can do high heat CSRs too, but they don't turn out near as good as the ones that took several hours to lay Great Smoke on.

Here's a Hot & Fast without much smoke flavor. I only took these to 145° too:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/250646/csrs-with-teriyaki-marinade-glaze

Bear

LOL--We know you hate Wattburners, but at my age & health, it's the only thing I can handle. Even that's rough sometimes.

However I get awesome results from it. The reason it takes awhile is only because I do it low & slow to get good smoke flavor, because I only use a very light smoke. The longer it takes, the more Tasty Light smoke I can get on it.

I can do high heat CSRs too, but they don't turn out near as good as the ones that took several hours to lay Great Smoke on.

Here's a Hot & Fast without much smoke flavor. I only took these to 145° too:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/250646/csrs-with-teriyaki-marinade-glaze

Bear
Never heard the term wattburners...made me chuckle.    Don't read into something where there isn't, but no I don't have a desire for those I like what I use.   I believe whatever someone uses as long as they're happy is all that matters.

I wish you could experience the flavor you get like this even from a short period...flat out AMAZING!  I can't  imagine anything giving a better cleaner light smoke profile then cooking over a live fire even hours in a conventional smoker.    Definitely wouldn't consider this high heat grilling, the distance between meat and fire is well over 2 feet, the airflow exits below the meat (keeps food moister) but the meat gets still bathed in the cleanest of natural smoke and gets a natural infra red searing light from the flames below creates amazing tastes..Perfect combination for flavor.   Seriously I wish I could feed you some food cooked like this.....Nothing can duplicate it not even over a campfire but that's about as close as you can get.

If anyone likes Jamaican Jerk you MUST try ISLAND SPICE Dry Rub on this cut....OH MY!    It gives pig candy a new meaning!

Last edited:
Tasty smoke Keith!

POINTS!!!!
Appreciate it Case!    I got to thinking the other day I want a motor home or a camper and If I ever do I'm gonna have to make a trip into Bend and cook up some Q with y'all!

I would guess between the mini's and if I haul the 007 along we can turn out some type of tasty chow.
biggrin.gif

Last edited:
Appreciate it Case!    I got to thinking the other day I want a motor home or a camper and If I ever do I'm gonna have to make a trip into Bend and cook up some Q with y'all!

I would guess between the mini's and if I haul the 007 along we can turn out some type of tasty chow. :biggrin:

Come on out! Don't forget, we also would get the benefit of the discada! We can make some great English muffins on it for breakfast!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky