For those dealing with the snow and nasty weather

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Mar 22, 2008
Florida
I just wanted to let you know its about 65 here right now
biggrin.gif
 We are forecast to get rain for a few days but today is very nice outside.

Seriously ya'll be careful with all that nasty weather and post up some pics for us

Line of storms will be moving thru here in the next  2 hr .winds are allready gusting to around 25mph out in front of the squall line.

Watching the line on wafb .com - interactive radar. Starting to see some hooks in the main storms edge that don't look good.

Jerry, if you were trying to make me feel better, it didn't work. Now I'm just jealous
biggrin.gif

MUST BE NICE!
PDT_Armataz_01_07.gif

We're supposed to have 2-5 inches of snow on the way today and 8-14 due for tomorrow into Thursday from the big one hitting the midwest today. Less sleep and more OT( I get to plow the mess).

Jeff it prolly would be nice if I wasn't so lazy today and actually went outside and did something. Maybe like sit on the tractor digging stumps or fixing the water line near the cookshed that froze and broke while I was gone.

Bob be careful over there they say there's some nasty stuff rolling through over ya'lls way

Got missed in mid Wisconsin mostly. About 3 inches yesterday and maybe another 3 at the most tonight. About an hour south of us got 13 or so last night and is getting another 13-18 today/tonight.

Last edited:
Its beautiful and sunny with -13 degrees here today. I'll take the sunny and cold over the wind any day. We actually got above freezing for two days last week for the first time in several months. Sounds like tonight is going to be -20 or so and then we will get another heat wave this weekend probably around +25 degrees. I can't wait hopefully I can get out ice fishing. I won't even need to bring my ice house if it gets up around thawing. Ahhhh Winter. Gotta love it! Its been a long winter and I am ready for summer. Sad thing is its only half over.

Predictions around here are always wrong.

Yahoo Weather couldn't get Wednesday's weather right, even if they waited until Thursday to make their predictions!

That last one we had was supposed to be 1 to 2 during the day, and 1 to 2 during the night, and it ended up being 16 inches total, bringing us up to 42" so far this Winter.

A lot less than places like Rochester & Buffalo, but pretty much for here.

I'm ready for April!

Bear

In my area they are saying 18+ inches before tomorrow mornin' and high winds that cause drifting. I stocked up on Beer just in case I can't make it to work at 4:00am tomorrow. Wish me Luck on a snow day. My last snow day I had is when I made my dry rub and that is how the rub throw down all got started.

May be a good time to perfect my dry rub. 

I'm with you Piney, it's 77 & sunny here. Just got out of the pool, sorry Steve mine has water in it. I don't think the community would let me skinny dip either. But you look like your having a good time.   
icon_mrgreen.gif

what a shame,  We just had to turn the AC on cause it was to hot in the house

Have fun in the snow!

Out the front door. Ignore that tricycle in the front yard! Thats the oldest boy out there shoveling.  He seems to enjoy it!

4f1f8176_Photo0112.jpg

And out the back door.

468e8a31_Photo0111.jpg

took this pic on the river behind my house.. it will not look like this soon with 20 inches of snow coming.

b9c500f4_029.jpg

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky