• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

follow up to falling from the flat bed trailer...

SmokinEdge

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jan 18, 2020
That’s a lot of hardware Dave. How’s it feeling?

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
Better now that the staples were pulled.. He said 6-8 weeks from now to heal properly...
I guess I have to take better care of the healing process than I have been.... Hard headed old fart, that I am...

boykjo

Sausage maker
Staff member
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Apr 28, 2010
ouch!!!!!!!!!

Get well soon daveo

kruizer

Master of the Pit
Joined Sep 7, 2015
From the looks of the xrays, you are aree screwed up. Heal quickly and take good care of yourself.

kilo charlie

Master of the Pit
Joined Sep 25, 2017
I only liked your post because of the cool X Rays... not because you got hurt.. is it Titanium?

Probably set off metal detectors now!

Take care of you so that you can heal faster

sawhorseray

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 17, 2014
I reckon you'll be a bit more careful in the future Dave. It's not the fall that hurts, it's that sudden stop at the end. RAY

checkdude

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 1, 2016
Ouch is right! Get well soon. But you do have other hand. .where there is a will there is a way. So I was told.lol. don't let it get you down.

SmokinEdge

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jan 18, 2020
Better now that the staples were pulled.. He said 6-8 weeks from now to heal properly...
I guess I have to take better care of the healing process than I have been.... Hard headed old fart, that I am...
I completely understand the hard headed. But that’s what will get you through to the other side, so not all bad. Glad you are on the mend.

forktender

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 10, 2008
Welcome to the human Barometer club Dave, from now on you will know at least two days before each rain storm. I have so much metal in my back that I feel the weather changes before most others do, I get super sore a day or two before each rain. Holy cow Dave you really did a job on that wrist, take care of yourself.
Dan

Winterrider

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 29, 2018
Dang, kind of worse than what I had initially imagined. Hope it heals quick for you.

Brokenhandle

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 9, 2019
Wow Dave, you done it good! Hope it mends quickly for ya! And for goodness sake...hope you don't end up with a screw loose! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

GonnaSmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Sep 19, 2018
Well darn, Dave. I hate that for you. Do what they tell you so that you can put this all in the rearview of that flatbed....

bigfurmn

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Feb 25, 2016
If you're gonna go, go all out I guess??? Man that looks brutal. Are they talking physical therapy and all that fun too?

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
Looks Bad. Glad to hear your healing and feeling better...JJ

pineywoods

Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
That doesn't look the least bit fun. Glad to hear your feeling better I would suggest you listen to the Doctor and go easy on that thing till it heals the last thing you need is on going problems with it forever because you didn't let it heal properly. As was said unfortunately after this you will probably forecast rain and storms better than the weatherman

SmokinAl

Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Man that looks serious!
Glad to hear your healing well!
Take care & like Piney says, do what the Dr. tells you!
That’s a lot of metal in there.
Al

Latest posts

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.