• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Revisiting A Fav From SD!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Rafter H BBQ

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined
Jun 18, 2013
Messages
13,693
Reaction score
8,605
Location
S.E. Idaho
Hey all… So, when Pete and I went out to Sioux Falls, South Dakota… we had bro time and seen the WWE from the second row. Was an amazing time with my son… I treasure it to this day! Thru Sturgus (off season) hotels and snowstorms and whiteouts… we survived it together. And the WWE didn’t disappoint!

Also, had the chance to meet up with @Brokenhandle and his wife… both amazing people!

One thing that South Dakota has is Chislic. I had never heard of it… but it’s a SD app staple! And quite tasty at that!

I just have never been able to forget it… Simple, but very delicious!

Though it’s usually lamb or beef… I tried my redneckish version today with elk sirloin cubes. Was pretty decent!

I got off track with the cilantro lime dressing as a dip…

I’ll let the pics talk now!

IMG_6685.jpeg


IMG_6688.jpeg


IMG_6691.jpeg


IMG_6694.jpeg


IMG_6696.jpeg


IMG_6698.jpeg


IMG_6700.jpeg


Was a tasty app…

Recipe is simple… but as always many variables out there.

I just cubed the meat, some SPG and fried a few minutes in some EVOO!

Give it a try… dang tasty!

And anyone from SD, hope this thread is in line with your SD values… Chislic is such a tasty treat!

Thanks for looking all!
 
As I sit here in Turtle Lake Wisconsin after my nieces wedding today, I can't help but notice the Octoberfest in the background. I currently am enjoying a New Glarus Octoberfest. That being said, the food wasn't great so that looks amazing right now!
 
I had to google that as well, sounds great.

I woke up this morning all excited to go down to our Oktoberfest celebration today, but it was 103+degrees outside. YUCK!!!

Nope... no frigg'in way, that's way to hot for me these days.
So I found my stool at a local bar had a B.A.B.L.O.T. Sandwich and a few ice cold beers. and watched the festivities and Dirndl dressed women, pass by from my Air Conditioned bar stool instead.

Oh the B.A.B.L.O.T. Sandwich=
(Bacon, Avocado, Blue cheese, Lettuce, Onion rings, & Tomato) sandwich on a Hoagie roll.
I'm a Blue cheese lover... what a sandwich... YUM!!!
 
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top
Clicky