Flounder Fillets (Wild Fork)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Flounder Fillets (Wild Fork)

I figured I’d give a pack of these Flounder a try.
First I put my Fish Breader on the job—Great Job!!
This time I used one little box of “Jiffy Cornbread Mix” & CBP, and Garlic Powder, with Beaten Egg.

Then preheat to 390°, and after spraying a little Avocado oil, we’re ready to go.
So into the Ninja, set on Air Fry.
Cooked for 8 minutes.
Then flip them for another 10 minutes, until it starts to darken just a bit.

Now it’s time to plate, along with the Sweet Tater Fries, which rode along for the last 10 minutes in the Fryer.

Not shown was the Frank’s Hot Sauce I squirted on the Flounder, or the Kraft Sandwich Spread I used as Tartar Sauce for the Fish.

All tasted Very Good.

Thanks for viewing,

Bear

Wild Fork Flounder Fillets:
IMG_8781.JPG

Skinless Fillets:
IMG_8782.JPG

Breaded:
IMG_8784.JPG

Ninja Made Flounder & Sweet Tater Fries:
IMG_8789.JPG

Bear's Supper:
IMG_8790.JPG

Those are great looking fillets Bear. Fries in the Ninja are the best! I did some Lamb chops in mine yesterday that came out good. Been so hot I do most of my cooking in it lately.

Looks fantastic!
What did you think of the quality of the fish compared to locally bought?
Al
I would be curious about that too Al, Flounder is caught all around me so I can always get it fresh. Not sure in the middle of PA where Bear is would it be easy to find fresh.

Bear, where did you find avocado oil in a spray? or did you just fill a spray bottle with some?

BTW great looking meal in every way.

Great meal John and it's hard to beat fish and sweet tater fries! You and that Ninja working 🎩

Keith

I'm still trying to find one of those breading machines though. They are pretty hard to find :emoji_laughing:

Robert
You can find lots of different models out there. Its just finding one that works well is the hard part! :emoji_laughing:

Great looking meal Bear. Always got the ninja turning out good eats. The Ninja company should just have a link on their site to your cooks on here using the ninja.
Jim

That looks so good! Can't say I have ever had Flounder. Living in Kansas our choice of seafood is limited and almost always frozen. I had the Cod diner at Cracker Barrel yesterday, it was pretty good. But yours looks even better Bear. I've got to say the corn meal breading is hands down my favorite, especially on catfish.
Thanks once again for another fine cook Bear.

We love fried fish and flounder is the best tasting fish swimming along our coast, though some may argue that point. Excellent...

Great looking cook Bear! I used to use Kraft Sanny Spread years ago in place of tarter sauce, the stuff is great, now I just make my own. I'd squeeze a little lemon on those fillets and be going to town, nice work! RAY

Looks great, Old Bay has a hot sauce out now that's not really hot to me but has a great flavor, try it if you get a chance

Reactions: HalfSmoked
Those are great looking fillets Bear. Fries in the Ninja are the best! I did some Lamb chops in mine yesterday that came out good. Been so hot I do most of my cooking in it lately.
Thank You Brian!!
Yup---It doesn't heat the house up a bit---Love It !!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks great Bear , and the jiffy cornbread mix sounds good as a batter/breading

David
Thank You David!!
The last time I used Zatarins, and I didn't like it at all.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Yup looks great and will have to try the Jiffy breading. Nice work Bear.
Thank You Edge!!
And For the Like.

Bear

Looks fantastic!
What did you think of the quality of the fish compared to locally bought?
Al
Thank You Al !!
It was good, but not worth the price. I think this is the only one, so far that I won't be getting from Wild Fork. "Giant" is as good, but for less $$$.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

That's a great looking plate there John . Damn that Ninja does a fantastic job on breaded fillets . Have to look at one if my 360 buys the farm .

I would be curious about that too Al, Flounder is caught all around me so I can always get it fresh. Not sure in the middle of PA where Bear is would it be easy to find fresh.

Bear, where did you find avocado oil in a spray? or did you just fill a spray bottle with some?

BTW great looking meal in every way.
Thank You Cliff!!
These were frozen fillets from Wild Fork.
And I filled a sprayer that I used to use with Olive Oil.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

I love, love, love me some flounder Bear. Those look perfectly cooked my friend. I'm still trying to find one of those breading machines though. They are pretty hard to find :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Thank You Robert !!
Yup, I lucked out---I got My breading machine almost 54 years ago, and she still works Perfectly. Still looks Great too!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky