Pennsylvania Trout (Caught by Bear Jr)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks, that is about 1.5 miles away. Probably not happening this weekend. My dad had to be taken to the ER at Wayne memorial in Honesdale yesterday. More problems related to his congestive heart failure (89 YO)
Thankfully they did not keep him but we have been down this road before. The next step is hour twenty to Geisinger's in Scranton if needed.
I hope Dad's doing alright, now.
That Congestive Heart Failure is one of my reasons for cutting my Sodium use.
You can always fish, after Dad perks up.
Prayers Sent !

Bear

I hope Dad's doing alright, now.
That Congestive Heart Failure is one of my reasons for cutting my Sodium use.
You can always fish, after Dad perks up.
Prayers Sent !

Bear
Thanks, they did not keep him overnight, said it was enlarged prostate so they put a cath in. Hopefully not needed for very long. We were able to get him out the next day for a great evening and dinner around the fire pit.

Reactions: MJB05615
Thanks, they did not keep him overnight, said it was enlarged prostate so they put a cath in. Hopefully not needed for very long. We were able to get him out the next day for a great evening and dinner around the fire pit.
BTW: When you're in Honesdale, did you ever eat at Cordaro's?
It's right on Rt 6, in Honesdale. 4 of us used to eat Breakfast there, every April, during the first week of Trout Season. That 2 hour drive used to get me ready for their Eggs, Homefries, Sausage, Toast & Coffee every time!!

Bear

BTW: When you're in Honesdale, did you ever eat at Cordaro's?
It's right on Rt 6, in Honesdale. 4 of us used to eat Breakfast there, every April, during the first week of Trout Season. That 2 hour drive used to get me ready for their Eggs, Homefries, Sausage, Toast & Coffee every time!!

Bear
No, never have been but looks like a nice place to try. We are always looking for new places, Thanks!

We go to Nurnberger Bierhaus
German restaurant in Lake Arial often.

No, never have been but looks like a nice place to try. We are always looking for new places, Thanks!

We go to Nurnberger Bierhaus
German restaurant in Lake Arial often.

That place doesn't even open until noon.
WE were usually dressed grubby for fishing, and we got there at about 3:30 AM, until they changed the time on opening day to 8 AM. Then we'd get there about 6:30, And I could get my Breakfast for about $3 back then---Probably about $4 now. LOL---We had a cheap place to go for Great breakfast, in just about every town in NE PA.

Bear

Awesome my friend! Fresh trout filets are so tasty! That breading and the ninja combo looks like a winner! Bear Jr I’d say is one great guy… maybe due to the folks that raised him! 😉
Thank You Justin!!
I think we were balanced out pretty good---I was a little too Strict, and Mrs Bear was a little too easy. He became a Great Son, in every way.

Bear

Good info. The lakes around here I think were man made. I'll check with my Son to see if there's any freshwater streams. Not being a Fisherman, I'm not up on the situation. My Son fished for a while, 2-3 years, but I think he only Bass fished. That's cool they stock so much Trout up there.
To me, Trout fishing in PA is almost as big a deal as Deer Hunting (But not quite).
When I was a little kid, we used to go to our cabin on State land, that my Dad had built, after he came home from WW2. Then at just before 5 AM, we'd trek down to the "Saw Creek", in hopes of Limiting out with 8 Trout per person, so we'd have Trout to eat at the cabin, and some to fill our freezer with.
Then as a Teen, I used to get together with some High School Buddies, and we'd go down to a local stream "Cook's Creek", the night before, and camp out all night with a nice Fire, until just before 5 AM, we'd get ready to cut down the Trout population of the Cook's Creek. WE used to have a regular riot on those outings, but these were just a few of the "First Day" trips I'm describing here. There was a lot of other Great times.
Then when Bear Jr was old enough to take care of himself, his hip boots, his rod & reel, etc, etc, it was time to start taking him along, and for many years, we hit every one of my favorite stream in the Counties of Bucks, Lehigh, Monroe, Pike, and Wayne. Eventually he started going fishing with a couple buddies of his, and then he got married, and often takes his wife along. Lately he's been teaming up with the guy who works for him, in both his Woodshop business, and his Tower Corporation. So they got me some Shad Roe, and some Trout, just lately, and I'm looking forward to some Catfish Meat, once it warms up a little more.
Hmmmm---I could use some Bass Fillets too!!!

Bear

Reactions: MJB05615
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky