• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Flat Iron Steak

smokinjim1

Joined Mar 22, 2015
I smoked my 2nd flat iron steak yesterday. The one I did before I used Jeffs Texas rub. This time I used the Texas rub minus cayenne (I was out), and I made a marinade by adding 1/2 cup of Dales low sodium steak seasoning and just a touch of olive oil. I haven't been on here in a while, so someone has probably already tried this. I just wanted to tell everyone to give it a try, it is very good. I hope you can enlarge the pics to see. This is the first time I think I have ever tried to post a picture. I pulled it at 145 degrees. Keep on Smokin.

Attachments

SmokinVOLfan

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 27, 2018
Looks great! Ill have to try a flat iron sometime. And nice choice on the low sodium dales I use it all the time on beef.

smokerjim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 14, 2014
they look good, flat irons are one of those steaks that are over looked that are tender and delicious. maybe we should keep that to ourselves!!

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.