Fish on the Campfire..

Discussion in 'Grilling Tips' started by cowgirl, Sep 23, 2010.

1. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I caught a few fish while camping last weekend and caught a bit of heck for catching this monster catfish...

fortunately I caught other fish so I was able to enjoy the fish fry we had on Saturday night..

the fish nuggets...

fries...

making a good bed of hot coals...

heating the oil.. sorry these are so dark!

two pots of fish and one of fries...

They were tasty...

Thank you for looking!

/ message sig

2. sqwib

sqwib Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Marry me[​IMG]

Awesome post.

And that little guy is just too funny.

3. placebo

placebo Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

You know I love to look..........when you cook! Thanks for sharing Cowgirl.

4. mossymo

mossymo Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Nice looking stringer of Catfish, the cook out and meal looked fantastic and great choice in beer, Keystone!

5. cowgirl

lol  Thanks! Will you clean the fish for me...and do the dishes? lol

It was no fun pulling that fish out of the water in front of the fishermen that were standing around... I kinda caught heck... a LOT of heck. [​IMG]

Hey...it's good to see you. Thanks!! [​IMG]

Thanks Marty and Thanks for not giving me heck about my beer. lol

6. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Looks like it liked your stinkbait! [​IMG]  Great looking camp fire vittles Jeanie. I was just thinking a wiki on how to undress a kitty would be fun. [​IMG]

7. bassman

bassman Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Good looking nuggets and fries, Jeanie.  I probably would have thrown back the little one.[​IMG]

8. tyotrain

tyotrain Master of the Pit

wow real nice post. that place looks like para dice [​IMG][​IMG]

9. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looks great Jeanie. What did you use for you batter?

10. chefrob

chefrob Master of the Pit OTBS Member

az
    looks good as heck...................as usual!

11. mythmaster

mythmaster Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

lol, did you keep him on on the hook to use as bait?

Great stuff as always, catgirl [​IMG]

12. bratrules

bratrules Smoking Fanatic

now that is some good looking fish great post!!!!! nothing like fresh fish[​IMG]

13. jirodriguez

jirodriguez Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

As usual... your posts ROCK! Man that is one tastey looking plate of fish, fry's, and liquid grains!! [​IMG]

14. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

Now your fish is awesome as usual. Then on a campfire you create some of the greatest meals too. Now to the fish isn't there a size limit on catfish??? that one was so small that it didn't even have whiskers yet. In Fla I think there's a size limit on beers you can have with you and the rod can only be this long too. Then the bait has to be that big and the fish has to be this small and them you can have one of theses and two of those. But you have done another fine job there Jeanie.[​IMG]

15. cowgirl

Thanks meateater! That would make an interesting wiki! [​IMG]

Keith, I threw him back.. lol  Thanks!

Thank you Tyotrain, It's been less than a week and I wish I could go back. :)

Thanks Brian! They were sprinkled with fresh lemon juice first... then rolled in a cornmeal fish fry...no batter just the cornmeal/seasoning mixture. There was a bit of cayenne in the mix too so they had a slight bite to them. Went well with the cold beer. :)

Thanks Rob!

Bret, I should have used him as bait.. lol Thanks!

Thank you Bratrules

You too Johnny! It was a lot of fun...

lol mballi, that was the smallest fish I've ever caught... sometimes I can't believe my luck. [​IMG]

[​IMG]  Thanks!

16. lcruzen

lcruzen Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Nice looking fish fry Jeanie. Seems you'd have to catch your bait before you can catch the big ones, right?[​IMG]

17. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Lordy Lordy, Another Great Cowgirl post!

Thanks Jeanie,

Bear

18. bbally

bbally Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Jeannie if you would take off the restraining order against me I would come help you fish, clean, skin, gut, do dishes...... anything you want!

19. ak1

ak1 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

It all looks fantastic Jeannie, except for the "light" beer[​IMG]

20. shooter1

shooter1 Smoking Fanatic

Looks great as always Jeanie and also very relaxing. I love the beer coolie "MINE"! No doubt who that belongs to. [​IMG]  I won't give you any crap about the beer brand only that it is a lite beer.

By the way you are one busy girl/woman. I have been surfing some other BBQ and cooking sites and you are evrywhere girl. I am very proud that this seems to be your primary site other than your blog. Keep it coming!

If you ever make it to Florida I'd love to take you fishing for some Florida fish. Either by fishing reel or speargun, your choice. I guess that is the only way I would ever get to see what you look like. [​IMG]