Fish on the Campfire..

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cowgirl

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 2, 2007
Oklahoma
I caught a few fish while camping last weekend and caught a bit of heck for catching this monster catfish...

fortunately I caught other fish so I was able to enjoy the fish fry we had on Saturday night..

the fish nuggets...

fries...

making a good bed of hot coals...

heating the oil.. sorry these are so dark!

two pots of fish and one of fries...

They were tasty...

Thank you for looking!

/ message sig

Marry me
biggrin.gif

Awesome post.

And that little guy is just too funny.

Marry me
biggrin.gif

Awesome post.

And that little guy is just too funny.
lol  Thanks! Will you clean the fish for me...and do the dishes? lol

It was no fun pulling that fish out of the water in front of the fishermen that were standing around... I kinda caught heck... a LOT of heck.
icon_razz.gif

You know I love to look..........when you cook! Thanks for sharing Cowgirl.
Hey...it's good to see you. Thanks!!
cool.gif

Nice looking stringer of Catfish, the cook out and meal looked fantastic and great choice in beer, Keystone!
Thanks Marty and Thanks for not giving me heck about my beer. lol

Looks like it liked your stinkbait!
icon_mrgreen.gif
 Great looking camp fire vittles Jeanie. I was just thinking a wiki on how to undress a kitty would be fun.
icon_smile.gif

Good looking nuggets and fries, Jeanie.  I probably would have thrown back the little one.
biggrin.gif

Looks great Jeanie. What did you use for you batter?

icon_cool.gif

Now your fish is awesome as usual. Then on a campfire you create some of the greatest meals too. Now to the fish isn't there a size limit on catfish??? that one was so small that it didn't even have whiskers yet. In Fla I think there's a size limit on beers you can have with you and the rod can only be this long too. Then the bait has to be that big and the fish has to be this small and them you can have one of theses and two of those. But you have done another fine job there Jeanie.
points.gif

Thanks meateater! That would make an interesting wiki!
biggrin.gif

Keith, I threw him back.. lol  Thanks!

Thank you Tyotrain, It's been less than a week and I wish I could go back. :)

Looks great Jeanie. What did you use for you batter?
Thanks Brian! They were sprinkled with fresh lemon juice first... then rolled in a cornmeal fish fry...no batter just the cornmeal/seasoning mixture. There was a bit of cayenne in the mix too so they had a slight bite to them. Went well with the cold beer. :)

Thanks Rob!

Bret, I should have used him as bait.. lol Thanks!

Thank you Bratrules

You too Johnny! It was a lot of fun...

lol mballi, that was the smallest fish I've ever caught... sometimes I can't believe my luck.
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

biggrin.gif
 Thanks!

Jeannie if you would take off the restraining order against me I would come help you fish, clean, skin, gut, do dishes...... anything you want!

Looks great as always Jeanie and also very relaxing. I love the beer coolie "MINE"! No doubt who that belongs to.
biggrin.gif
 I won't give you any crap about the beer brand only that it is a lite beer.

By the way you are one busy girl/woman. I have been surfing some other BBQ and cooking sites and you are evrywhere girl. I am very proud that this seems to be your primary site other than your blog. Keep it coming!

If you ever make it to Florida I'd love to take you fishing for some Florida fish. Either by fishing reel or speargun, your choice. I guess that is the only way I would ever get to see what you look like.
icon_eek.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky