• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

first time smoking a prime rib

afredmc

Joined Dec 23, 2010
i was curious if anyone has ever tried jeffs rib rub on a prime rib or if anyone has a  good rub for a prime rib.

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
Personally I believe that Prime Rib is such a good cut of meat it doesn't need much in the way of seasoning. I just use salt, pepper, and a little garlic. Some people like to add some fresh rosemary as well

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
We had Prime Rib for Christmas, CBP salt and garlic here.  To nice of a cut to need anything more

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 18, 2007
I have only done one but I did as these guys suggested and only used salt, pepper, garlic & onion pepper and it was awesome! I don't know that I would care for a sweet rib/butt rub on my prime rib.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Salt, pepper, garlic powder, & onion powder. Use sparingly! No need to overpower such a fine cut of meat.

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

First off welcome Afred to SMF. Now I'm a salt, pepper, garlic, and some rosemary kind of guy here.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.