first time smoking a prime rib

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

afredmc

Original poster
Dec 23, 2010
i was curious if anyone has ever tried jeffs rib rub on a prime rib or if anyone has a  good rub for a prime rib.

Personally I believe that Prime Rib is such a good cut of meat it doesn't need much in the way of seasoning. I just use salt, pepper, and a little garlic. Some people like to add some fresh rosemary as well

I have only done one but I did as these guys suggested and only used salt, pepper, garlic & onion pepper and it was awesome! I don't know that I would care for a sweet rib/butt rub on my prime rib.

Salt, pepper, garlic powder, & onion powder. Use sparingly! No need to overpower such a fine cut of meat.

icon_cool.gif

First off welcome Afred to SMF. Now I'm a salt, pepper, garlic, and some rosemary kind of guy here.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky