First time breakfast fattie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

webowabo

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Dec 25, 2010
Arlington, TX
I was just curious, I have been looking through what seems like thousands of fattie threads, and havent answered my own question yet. When preparing any fattie with egg in it, is the egg raw or cooked already, and does it matter and why? If they are raw, what a typical amount per package of JD sausage? Thanks everyone. Gonna try a breakfast fattie, and an italian themed, maybe some thinnly sliced leg of lamb (leftovers), olives, feta, some fresh greens.. um. Hope it works out!

Defiantly cook the egg before rolling the fattie. It doesn't get hot enough fast enough to cook an egg inside. 

Anyone ever tried to soft boil a few eggs and stick them in whole? I might give it a shot next time. I love a runny yolk, think it would be awesome in a fatty!!

The one caution I have for eggs is do not add milk or water to the scramble - the two times I tried it the eggs were really watery in the fattie after cooking. When I do them without milk or water they come out fine. Anyone else had this experience?  

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky