• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First ribs on the new rig

fourashleys

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 28, 2010
Rubbed down the day before. Sauced at 4 hrs. and 5 1/2 hrs. Smoked with pear and maple. Tender and tasty. It's amazing how many new neighbors I had introduce themselves while they were cooking. Glad I was prepared with burnt end BBQ candy for them.

rp ribking

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 29, 2009
Oh Boy!! To top it off the ribs look great too!!!!!!! I missed the pic of the burnt ends? So where did you get a smoker like that?

I guess I could move to Lincoln, Nebraska and be your neighbor.

RP 

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Another great job!   

chefrob

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 13, 2009
looks good..........love all the room in there!

fourashleys

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 28, 2010
Oh Boy!! To top it off the ribs look great too!!!!!!! I missed the pic of the burnt ends? So where did you get a smoker like that?

I guess I could move to Lincoln, Nebraska and be your neighbor.

RP 
Home built rig. Check out "New project as a humble beginning" thread for the build. I had alot of fun with it and got alot of help and advise from the folks on here.

P.S. There are houses for sale in the neighborhood. LOL

fpnmf

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 19, 2010
Great to see your project doing some delicious smoking!!

Congrats..it's beautiful!!

Craig

boykjo

Sausage maker
Staff member
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Apr 28, 2010
nice looking q. all that hard work paid off

eman

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
I tell the neighbors ,I'm like the local pusher, the first taste is free and  let me know if ya want a price list.

fourashleys

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 28, 2010
I tell the neighbors ,I'm like the local pusher, the first taste is free and  let me know if ya want a price list.
I see we have the same strategy. It's like fishing.. the first taste sets the hook

jp61

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Mar 6, 2011
Wow.... that thing is a beast! Very nice! That must have been one heck of a project.... looks like all the hard work has paid off! Congrats!!

helljack6

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 15, 2008
LMAO!!!! Glad to see i wasn't the only person smoking something yesterday in Lincoln, Nebraska. Nice rig, i'm going to go drive around Lincoln today to see if I can find that thing.

fourashleys

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 28, 2010
LMAO!!!! Glad to see i wasn't the only person smoking something yesterday in Lincoln, Nebraska. Nice rig, i'm going to go drive around Lincoln today to see if I can find that thing.
We're out by airpark. I'm planning on firing it up again friday. Come on by.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.