First Brisket on Pellet Smoker!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sandyut

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2015
Colorado
IMG_4751.JPG
IMG_4750.JPG

I had used a 14" SWM for years and finally threw down for a Rec Tec RT700. Made some baby backs for the first cook, then some jerky. Both fairly simple and short.

Yesterday - first Brisket (flat). 7 lb from the butcher. I just love the pellet smoker!!!

thanks Al! I get more stoked with each new cook.

Also excited about winter smoking. with a winter cold weather cover seems to run real nice. I think pellet consumption is a touch higher than a hot summer day, but I am sure the cover helps some.

Nice brisket! Just a tip from another pellet head. Line your grease catch under the rack with heavy duty aluminum foil. Makes the clean up process much easier. I replace it every few cooks or after every "big" muscle cook like a butt, brisket, chuckie. Especially line it if you do bacon wrapped anything. I've smoked on my CC in windchills below 0. It definitely eats more pellets but it's doable. enjoy the smoker!

Reactions: sandyut
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky