First brisket on my new pellet smoker, need help.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daveverdo

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 8, 2016
I just bought a 6-lb trimmed, angus brisket. I rubbed it and it is going to sit overnight. I plan on putting in in first thing in the morning. Any advice on how to smoke it. I have a Camp Chef pellet smoker.

I have used the pellet smoker for a few things already just not a brisket. Smoked brisket in my vertical. Just looking for tips on cooking a brisket with pellets.

It is actually the thin part of the flat and the point. I am worried about it getting dry.

I too did a first brisket on a pellet smoker last weekend. I didn't really do anything different than my other smoker. I found that running around 250* for me worked well.

If you are concerned about it drying out, I agree that Al's post above is your best bet.

Here is a link to a 4.5lb brisket I did last weekend on my Traeger: https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/small-briskret-is-on-q-view.277764/

There have been several posts on the forum lately on smaller trimmed briskets. Good luck and keep us posted!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky