First Brisket - Let's go!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
After 10 hours, an IT of 180º and wrapping to help it get done, might as well assist the process with a bit more temp. :emoji_wink:

Reactions: hecklar56
I guess I really didn't answer your question.
Must be trying to be a politician, talk without saying anything. Haha

I would wrap.
I believe paper can keep the bark a little firmer than foil.
Just depends on how you want the finished product to be.
All good my friend. Bark was pretty firm, so we went with the foil to try and increase temperature. Flat is still stalled at 171 point has come up to 175. Thank you!

Last edited:
Reactions: 02ebz06
Ok, so the evening got away from us a little bit, but here's the results....

Wrapped in foil, cooked another hour at 275. Probed at IT of 195 and it was butter soft. Pulled, wrapped in towel, put in cooler. 90 minutes later, sliced. Since it's our first one not a lot to compare with, but we all thought it was great. Thank you all sincerely for the advice and direction!

IMG_9171.jpeg
IMG_9169.jpeg
IMG_9157.jpeg

That is a thing of beauty! Only having done one full brisket myself I cant really be a judge. But, It looks great to me. I'd not turn down a plate!

Jim
Thank you! Was a great learning experience...the deliciousness was just a bonus heh

Reactions: JLeonard
That Masterbuilt Gravity Feed can turn out some good barbecue. I'm a stickburner guy and it sold me. That's a tasty looking brisket.
Thank you sir! This was perhaps my 'biggest' smoke in both size and length (and importance) with the MS Gravity 800 and man it has not disappointed. The reverse sears I've done on it have been pretty solid as well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky