Fillet Mignon (Hickory Smoked & reheated)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Fillet Mignon (Hickory Smoked & reheated)

I dug out 2 Packs of leftover Beef Tenderloin I Smoked back in May. I had 5 packs back then that I Vac-Packed and Froze.
Now was the time to heat these packs up in my Sous Vide Supreme, which is by far the best way to heat leftover Beef to my liking.

I have to use my SV now and then, so it doesn’t get lonely, and there just is NO other way to reheat something without changing it from the way it was when you first cooked it.

These have already had 4 hours of Hickory Smoke, so nothing else needed.
So I put them in my SV rack, and dropped the rack in my SV, setting the Temp at 132°.
Removed after 2 hours, plated & added Corn & Home-Fried Baked Potatoes.
Mrs Bear makes Awesome “Home-Fried Baked Potatoes”!!!
She Bakes the Taters, then removes the skins & cuts the Baked Taters up & Fries them in Butter. Easy but Outstanding!

This Fillet Mignon was Awesome, and almost as good as the part we ate right after Smoking, back in May!!

Guess What: I even had a little Meat & Taters left for my Next Morning’s Breakfast !!

Enjoy the Q-View,

Bear

Five packs of slices of Hickory Smoked Beef Tenderloin, left over & Froze from a May Smoke:
IMG_2178.jpg

Two packs (4 slices) racked & ready for my Sous Vide Supreme:
IMG_2266.jpg

Making Home-Fried Baked Potatoes:
IMG_2267.jpg

Fillet Mignon fresh out of SV:
IMG_2268.jpg

Awesome Bear Bait !!
Sorry I forgot to slice open to show, but it was definitely nice & pink inside:
IMG_2269.jpg

Next Morning's Bear Breakfast!!
IMG_2272.jpg

FINI.

Last edited:
Nice !! I forget about reheating I need to start doing that.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky