Favorite Recipe from SMF Member

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Central PA Cowboy

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Oct 10, 2017
Central PA
Thought it would be cool to see what your favorite recipe is that another SMF member posted on here.

Mine is from smokin peachey smokin peachey

Love these beans with any of my BBQ. I’ve also changed some things to make them to how I like it.

This is a great question.

Sometimes a recipe can involve advice or technique that is unique. And admittingly, I cruised around in the SMF archives for many years before becoming a member. That said... I bet the replies are going to be stellar. 🍿

Mine is easy. chef jimmyj chef jimmyj finishing sauce for pulled pork. I feel like I recommend it every time someone brings up pulled pork.

There are a lot of great member recipes here. Dutch's Wicked Baked Beans, SmokinAl's Refer Pickles and Pops Brine, just to name a few. But the one I make most often...

fivetricks fivetricks recipe is the BEST Chicken Paprikash I've ever eaten...JJ

Thanks my friend...JJ

By far for me it's got to be Pops Wet Curing Brine... that has led to so many fun experiments from pulled ham to cured chicken wings to bacon on a stick to pastrami beef ribs, not to mention just curing my own bacon, it's been the biggest influence for me here.
Yeah. You can put anything in that stuff and come out great. Hard to pick recipe but person would be Jeff. I have done so many of his Keto recipes!

Great question , I myself being a newbie here. I am still trying many recipes from a lot of members . And everyone is so helpful. I try them and some times I change them up for my own taste ( or fix taste for my darling wife ).
But for looks I just cant beat the basket weave bacon for a fattie or meatloaf or burgers etc from gmc2003 gmc2003 , it always gets my attention.
So many good foods from so many folks and so little time

Cant wait to read others favs

David

Reactions: gmc2003
Thought it would be cool to see what your favorite recipe is that another SMF member posted on here.

Mine is from smokin peachey smokin peachey

Love these beans with any of my BBQ. I’ve also changed some things to make them to how I like it.
Thanks Central PA Cowboy Central PA Cowboy

Reactions: flatbroke
There are a lot of great member recipes here. Dutch's Wicked Baked Beans, SmokinAl's Refer Pickles and Pops Brine, just to name a few. But the one I make most often...

fivetricks fivetricks recipe is the BEST Chicken Paprikash I've ever eaten...JJ
I bookmarked this one!!

Jim

My most memorable recipe is oldfatguy's dry brined bacon recipe. He got me into curing meats and I never looked back once I tasted my own home made bacon.

JC :emoji_cat:

Last edited:
Off the top of my head, ones that I make all the time:

Scarbelly wings by Scarbelly -injected w/ buffalo sauce & smoked
Smokey Au Jus by Chef Jimmy J
Pastrami Rub by Chef Jimmy J
BBB and bacon by Bearcarver
Pop's Brine -still the easiest wet brine, imo

Oddly enough, I just realized that all these fine gentleman are no longer with us. Sad.

Reactions: JC in GB
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky