Red, White and Blue!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kilo charlie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 25, 2017
Iowa
Taking a play off of WaterRat WaterRat and his recent grilled pork tenderloin , I switched things up a bit.

20210430_183126.jpg

I brined my pork tenderloin as he did but I made my glaze with Cherry Wine and Cherry Preserves and when it was finished I ran it through my blender so that I could apply it with a squeeze bottle. It was smoked on my Pit Boss Copperhead 5 and I used my Meater Plus to monitor the temps.

In the middle is hominy cooked in a cast iron skillet with scallions and hot smoked thick cut peppered bacon. (Also smoked on the Pit Boss Copperhead 5)

Finally, "blue" (technically purple) mashed potatoes mixed with sour cream that has been mixed with Ranch Dip Mix.

Last edited:
I saw Rachel Ray or someone use sour cream years ago and I immediately switched to that. Just made sense to me to add the Ranch Dip Mix into the sour cream prior to using it in the mashed potatoes.

Reactions: Wurstmeister
pork tenderloin as he did but I made my glaze with Cherry Wine and Cherry Preserves and when it was finished I ran it through my blender
The tenderloin looks nice and moist and the cherries sounf good
great plate,
my wife love her mashed potatoes . Don't know if she could get past the color, even though purple is her favorite color...lol
David

Reactions: kilo charlie
The tenderloin looks nice and moist and the cherries sounf good
great plate,
my wife love her mashed potatoes . Don't know if she could get past the color, even though purple is her favorite color...lol
David

They are definitely "out there" but they taste great! Thank you!

Beautiful !!!
I've seen Ice Cream that color, but this is the first Purple Taters I've seen!!
The Meat Looks Awesome, and the stuff in the Middle reminds Me of Jackie Gleason.
"Ralph Kramden"----Homina-Homina-Homina!!
Like.

Bear

Very nice! Very colorful! How did you find the cherry vs the blackberry? The hominy looks good, I've never made that, do you have a recipe you follow?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky