Favorite fatty recipes! Tell me which ones you like best!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mdbannister

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 5, 2017
Looking to try making my first fatty! What are your favorite recipes? I had thought about doing something like a jalapeno cheeseburger kind of thing, but I'm open to any and all ideas! Plus, I thought a favorite fatty recipe thread would be a good one to bookmark and start working through to try new stuff! :emoji_sunglasses:

one of my favorites was a cheese, onion fatty. this one I did without the bacon wrap.
20191005_110921_resized (1).jpg
20191005_112613_resized (1).jpg
bet the jalapeno would give it a nice kick.

I've only made one fatty, so I'm no authority, but it was superb. I used cream cheese, sharp cheddar, sauteed onions, and candied jalapenos for the filling. The sweet heat of the candied jalapenos really stole the show.

Here's one I did a while back. I've not made a ton of them but this was my favorite by far.

I'm gonna be keeping an eye on this one for more ideas.
Robert

Reactions: mdbannister
Ive made a few. All different. One of my favorite ones is a mushroom jack fattie.

Also make sure you check out the treads from gmc2003 gmc2003 . That will take you through all the steps to making a perfect fattie no matter what fillings or choice of meats you use.

Here are some more that I did if you want to check them out.

This one was pretty recent

This is one I need to do again soon. It was great!

Here's one I did a while back. I've not made a ton of them but this was my favorite by far.

I'm gonna be keeping an eye on this one for more ideas.
Robert
This is really pretty rad! I need to make some jambalaya again and then pull some out to try this!

This is probably my best looking and tasting fatty to date. It's time for a repeat performance.

Chris

About how many pounds of sausage/ground meat are you guys using? I'm thinking around 2-3 pounds?

Here's the first one we did. I made this one day before yesterday. It's Italian sausage, jambalaya and Swiss cheese (it was the only cheese we had on hand due to a minor miscommunication between me and the Mrs. Haha!).

The bacon weave wasn't the greatest, but we figured with practice, we'll get better. :-)

It turned out SUPER tasty! Definitely one we'll make again! Thanks for the idea tx smoker tx smoker !

received_3014825581917682.jpeg

received_2619626974964129.jpeg

received_3014155312000686.jpeg

20200527_212851.jpg

20200527_212905.jpg

Here's the first one we did. I made this one day before yesterday. It's Italian sausage, jambalaya and Swiss cheese (it was the only cheese we had on hand due to a minor miscommunication between me and the Mrs. Haha!).

The bacon weave wasn't the greatest, but we figured with practice, we'll get better. :-)

It turned out SUPER tasty! Definitely one we'll make again! Thanks for the idea tx smoker tx smoker !

View attachment 447597

View attachment 447598

View attachment 447599

View attachment 447600

View attachment 447601
Not sure how I missed this but man that looks like it turned out great! Nice job!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky