Triple stuffed chicken bacon ranch

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
What to do with one lonely chicken breast in the freezer? Try and over stuff it with goodness !!

I started out with making the stuffing. Sauteed onions, cream cheese,cheddar cheese,diced tomato and a ranch dip packet.
20190817_150831.jpg
20190817_151323.jpg
20190817_153424.jpg
20190817_154040.jpg

Then onto the chicken breast. I butterflied it the pounded it out as thin I I could so it would be able to fit as much stuffing as possible.this is a lot of stuffing! But hey why not right?
20190817_160050.jpg
then all wrapped up and tucked in nicely and seasoned with some chop house steak seasoning
20190817_160810.jpg

And then the best part of all! The bacon! Wrapped up tight and then seasoned with bbq rub.
20190817_170552.jpg
20190817_171112.jpg

So now it's all ready for the smoker. Got the UDS ready with some hickory wood while the wife put together some twice baked potatoes(technically once baked and once smoked lol!) And some baked beans with a pile of bacon on top! Yummy more bacon!
20190817_171633.jpg
20190817_150903.jpg

Half way through the smoke everything is coming along good. Starting to take on some nice color.
20190817_175706.jpg

Cheese starting to ooze out a little bit. This was expected with the amount of stuffing I put in there!
20190817_190057.jpg

And finally all finished an plated. We were really happy with the way it turned out. Definitely a lot of stuffing!
20190817_231325.jpg

The flowers (weeds lol!) Were picked by my 6 year old for his mama. Lol he's gonna be a lady's man!

Definite winner winner chicken dinner. Looking at the chicken pounded out on the counter I thought the chicken was gonna be a lot thinner, but your sliced shot proved that wrong.

Point for sure
Chris

Definite winner winner chicken dinner. Looking at the chicken pounded out on the counter I thought the chicken was gonna be a lot thinner, but your sliced shot proved that wrong.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks!I'm glad I didnt go any thinner than I did. Was afraid if I went any further it wouldn't hold together very well.

That looks amazing! Nice job. First time I've ever seen a Chicken Fatty!
Don
Thanks a bunch! Its funny you said "fatty " because I was really torn on weather or not to post this thread in the chicken section or the fatty section!

Looks amazing and some great thinking. How was the SALTINESS? The Ranch mix, Cheddar cheese, Bacon and a couple of different rubs? I am curious if it's Cardiologist Approved...JJ

Looks amazing and some great thinking. How was the SALTINESS? The Ranch mix, Cheddar cheese, Bacon and a couple of different rubs? I am curious if it's Cardiologist Approved...JJ
Welllll....... I'm sure it's not cardiologist approved...butt I didnt season very heavy because I knew the salt level might creep up on this one. We didn't think it was overly salty at all as far as taste goes. Actual salt level.....not sure I really want to know lol!

If you say it's not too salty, I need to give it a try. I like all the flavors...JJ

If you say it's not too salty, I need to give it a try. I like all the flavors...JJ
Yea give it a shot! The stuffing mix is as follows

8oz cream cheese
8oz shredded cheddar
Half packet of ranch mix
One Roma tomato diced
1/4 large white onion diced and sauteed.

This is probably enough for 2 breasts. We had a little left that the kids just ate on crackers. Let me know what you think if you try it out!

8oz cream cheese
8oz shredded cheddar
Half packet of ranch mix
One Roma tomato diced
1/4 large white onion diced and sauteed.
Don't want to mis direct the thread , but can't stop thinking that this would make a great smoked sausage . Thighs go on sale I'll let you know how it came out .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky