CHICKEN CORDON BLEU FATTIE

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
Ive been meaning to make this style fattie for a while now so I made it a point to do so this weekend. Came out really good.

I starded with making the filling for this fattie.
6oz of Swiss diced
6oz ham diced
4oz of cream cheese
0321201706b.jpg

Mix it all up then wrap it up and into the fridge for a while
0321201723.jpg
0321202112.jpg

Next is the chicken. I normally would grind my own thighs but with the way things have been at the grocery lately I had to settle for pre ground. With the consistency of this stuff I knew it would be hard to work with so I decided to add some egg and breadcrumbs and give it more of a "meatloaf" like texture. I also add some seasoning to the mix.
0321202123.jpg
0321202121a.jpg
0321202136.jpg

Then into a gallon bag and into the freezer to firm up a bit
0321202142.jpg

Out of the freezer and ready to wrap around the filling
0322201408.jpg
0322201413.jpg

It then went back into the freezer to keep it firm while I made the bacon weave. Once it was wrapped in the bacon I seasoned with some all purpose rub and onto the smoker at 225°
0322201733c.jpg

Now onto the side to go with it. Once again I was limited from the grocery stores pretty well cleaned out. Was going to do some kind of sweet potato but they were all gone. Grabbed a butternut squash and decided to cube it and roast in the oven.

Cubed up buternut squash
0322201901.jpg

Then seasoned with olive oil, SPOG ,chilli powder and paprika.
0322201950.jpg

Time to check on the fattie. Looking good so far!
0322202002~2.jpg

3.5 hr later I pulled it off. When I load these up with a lot of cheese I give them a good rest before slicing.
0322202151a~2.jpg

And finally all sliced up!
0322202249.jpg
0322202248a.jpg

Then onto the plate with the roasted butternut squash and a chopped salad.
0322202259.jpg

Turned out real good. Ive always liked chicken cordon bleu and doing it fattie style made it even better! Thanks for taking a look!

Nice job Travis, looks great.

I really need to do one sometime, maybe during the stay at home time is a good time.

LIKE!

John
Thanks John ! Yup right now is the best time of any to try some new things. If you have to stay in might as well make the best of it!

heck yeah Travis that looks awesome, might have to add that to my bucket list.
Thanks smokerjim! Ive been wanting to try one this way for a long time. I'm glad I didnt wait any longer!

Oh my, that looks so delicious. I think that I have to get this on my own smoker. We just have to see about the availability of chicken. Thanks for the idea. Thumbs up.

G

Oh my, that looks so delicious. I think that I have to get this on my own smoker. We just have to see about the availability of chicken. Thanks for the idea. Thumbs up.

G
Thanks G! Id love to see how yours comes out when you get the chance to do one!

Me too , and I bet it did . Nice work that looks fantastic .
Thanks chopsaw! When I was putting this together I couldnt help but think this would be a good combo for fresh sausages/brats as well.

Wow Travis! That looks absolutely delicious!!!! I’m a fan of Cordon Bleu, haven’t had it in awhile.

Nice job on the bacon weave too, as someone who still ties shoes bunny ears style, I‘m intimidated with the weave.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky