• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Fattie time!!! With Q-view. Update..here's the money shot!

fpnmf

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 19, 2010
Been seeing lots of fatties lately, figured that was a message.

Call it a meat and potatos fattie. Sliced rib eye,swiss cheese,small red potoatos,and a little minced jalapeno. (all cooked some)

Garlic,salt,pepper and onion of course.

Wrapped up and weaved. Then off to the smoker using pecan in my trusty AMAZEN.

See ya in a few hours!!

Have a great day

Craig

Last edited:

TulsaJeff

Smoke Whisperer
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 28, 2005
Definitely keep us posted on that.. it looks wonderful. I might have to fire up the smoker tomorrow once this Oklahoma blizzard is over.. I smoke in the snow, I just don't smoke when snow is flying through the air at 35-40 mph

Looking forward to more qview.

fpnmf

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 19, 2010
  Yummie..turned out tasty!

Have a great day!!!

Craig

TulsaJeff

Smoke Whisperer
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 28, 2005
Craig, that looks really good. Great job!!

I foresee more of those in your future

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Nice job Craig!

coyote1

Meat Mopper
Joined Dec 12, 2010
looks good I wish it wasn't a blizzard   here so I could do one

rp ribking

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 29, 2009
Definitely keep us posted on that.. it looks wonderful. I might have to fire up the smoker tomorrow once this Oklahoma blizzard is over.. I smoke in the snow, I just don't smoke when snow is flying through the air at 35-40 mph

looks good I wish it wasn't a blizzard   here so I could do one
Well, Guy's it is o.k. to smoke now, cause the blizzard and high winds are at my house now.

Craig, sorry for the hi-jacked thread. The fatty looks Awesome and I like that extra strip of bacon. How were the tatos in the fatty?   

sqwib

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 25, 2007
Looking good, makes me one to go out back and chip away the 3 inches of ice to fire up my smoker

fpnmf

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 19, 2010
Well, Guy's it is o.k. to smoke now, cause the blizzard and high winds are at my house now.

Craig, sorry for the hi-jacked thread. The fatty looks Awesome and I like that extra strip of bacon. How were the tatos in the fatty?   
It's all good here. Hahahaha the extra strip of bacon was the last one in the bag. I like the way it looks too. I sliced the little red tatos thin and steamed them for a little bit.

They were perfect for us. Not real soft ...just right.

Craig

raptor700

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 20, 2010
nice fattie craig, It would suck if I had snow and ice and couldn't smoke something

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009

Fair weather smoker - sheesh a little snow slows you down?
 I smoked in the rain on Sunday, it waited until I finished the weed whacking in the grove and started just as the chicken went into the smoker and quit just as I pulled it out  - just sayin

Last edited:

hmcm

Smoke Blower
Joined Dec 14, 2010
That looks awesome!  I'd like to try one of these some time.  What temperature is required?  About how long does it take?  Anything tricky about these little buggers?  They look pretty simple.  The hardest part looks like it might be the weave of the bacon!

fpnmf

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 19, 2010

2-3 hours

nope

When I first came here I had never seen the fattie before either.

First I went to the Wiki section and found out how to do it.

Then I put "fattie" in the search tool and got near 760 pages of recipes, pictures and advice on them.

I did it for you. Just click on the provided links and you too will be the happy fattie maker!!!

Have a great day!

Craig

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/wiki/fatty  

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/wiki/fatty-rolling-by-silverwolf636  

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/search.php?search=fattie  

countrysmoke

Fire Starter
Joined Jan 12, 2011
That looks awesome, I have yet to smoke a fattie but as soon as that brand new WSM gets here that will be one of my first smokes to break it in

hmcm

Smoke Blower
Joined Dec 14, 2010
Craig, You're awesome man!  Thanks!  I can't wait to start one up!

Cheers!

beer-b-q

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined May 1, 2007
Great looking fatty, looks delicious ... Nice Job Craig...

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.