Fattie time!!! With Q-view. Update..here's the money shot!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fpnmf

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 19, 2010
Fl
Been seeing lots of fatties lately, figured that was a message.

Call it a meat and potatos fattie. Sliced rib eye,swiss cheese,small red potoatos,and a little minced jalapeno. (all cooked some)

Garlic,salt,pepper and onion of course.

b5852ae4_002.jpg

Wrapped up and weaved. Then off to the smoker using pecan in my trusty AMAZEN.

5886740e_006.jpg

See ya in a few hours!!

Have a great day

Craig

Last edited:
Definitely keep us posted on that.. it looks wonderful. I might have to fire up the smoker tomorrow once this Oklahoma blizzard is over.. I smoke in the snow, I just don't smoke when snow is flying through the air at 35-40 mph
biggrin.gif

Looking forward to more qview.

Yummie..turned out tasty!

ae10953d_007.jpg

3e54451d_008.jpg

Have a great day!!!

Craig

Craig, that looks really good. Great job!!

I foresee more of those in your future
icon_mrgreen.gif

Definitely keep us posted on that.. it looks wonderful. I might have to fire up the smoker tomorrow once this Oklahoma blizzard is over.. I smoke in the snow, I just don't smoke when snow is flying through the air at 35-40 mph
biggrin.gif

looks good I wish it wasn't a blizzard   here so I could do one
Well, Guy's it is o.k. to smoke now, cause the blizzard and high winds are at my house now.

Craig, sorry for the hi-jacked thread. The fatty looks Awesome and I like that extra strip of bacon. How were the tatos in the fatty?   

Looking good, makes me one to go out back and chip away the 3 inches of ice to fire up my smoker

Well, Guy's it is o.k. to smoke now, cause the blizzard and high winds are at my house now.

Craig, sorry for the hi-jacked thread. The fatty looks Awesome and I like that extra strip of bacon. How were the tatos in the fatty?   
It's all good here. Hahahaha the extra strip of bacon was the last one in the bag. I like the way it looks too. I sliced the little red tatos thin and steamed them for a little bit.

They were perfect for us. Not real soft ...just right.

Craig

biggrin.gif

Fair weather smoker - sheesh a little snow slows you down?
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif
 I smoked in the rain on Sunday, it waited until I finished the weed whacking in the grove and started just as the chicken went into the smoker and quit just as I pulled it out  - just sayin

Last edited:
That looks awesome!  I'd like to try one of these some time.  What temperature is required?  About how long does it take?  Anything tricky about these little buggers?  They look pretty simple.  The hardest part looks like it might be the weave of the bacon!
biggrin.gif

2-3 hours

nope

When I first came here I had never seen the fattie before either.

First I went to the Wiki section and found out how to do it.

Then I put "fattie" in the search tool and got near 760 pages of recipes, pictures and advice on them.

I did it for you. Just click on the provided links and you too will be the happy fattie maker!!!

Have a great day!

Craig

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/wiki/fatty  

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/wiki/fatty-rolling-by-silverwolf636  

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/search.php?search=fattie  

Great looking fatty, looks delicious ... Nice Job Craig...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky