Fathers Day Weekend Smokefest W Pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinVOLfan

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 27, 2018
Knoxville, TN
Decided to do a big spread for fathers day this year. Enjoyed a great weekend with the kids, family, and a whole lot of cooking!

Started the weekend off right by stocking up the beer fridge. Didn't want to get dehydrated in this heat.
FD1.jpg

Got all the meat out and fixing to get prepped up. 6 racks of BB's. 2 boston butts(7.5 and 9 pounders) and 2 choice packer briskets(both 10 pounds)
FD3.jpg

FD5.jpg

Ribs prepped up with yellow mustard and my pork rub(similar to jeff's)
FD4.jpg

Brisket trimmed up. Left a 1/4 cap on the bottom. Injected and coated thick with Montreal steak seasoning.
FD6.jpg

FD7.jpg

Butts injected with apple juice and coated in pork rub as well
FD8.jpg

Ribs into the SV24 with apple chunks rolling about 225 coming along nicely
FD9.jpg

Brisket and butts went into the MES40 for the long ride at 250 with a mix of hickory and apple in the AMNPS.

Nice TBS rolling out of both smokers with a nice cold one
FD11.jpg

After 3 hours ribs got foiled for 1 1/2 hours with brown sugar and butter and then finished on the gas grill with homemade BBQ sauce

FD10.jpg

Put the briskets in a pan with beef broth at 170 IT and let it ride. Butts were double wrapped in foil. Briskets butter tender in the flat at 202 IT and took butts to 205. All went into the cooler for a 2 hour rest.
FD13.jpg

FD15.jpg

FD16.jpg

FD12.jpg

FD14.jpg

FD17.jpg

Ribs were not quite FOTB but had a little bite to them which I like. Tender but with a bite. Butts and Brisket were tender and juicy. Didn't get a pick but finished the spread with beans, slaw, potato salad, deviled eggs, banana pudding, and coconut pie.

Thanks for looking. It was a great weekend with family friends and good BBQ!

Man, thats a good looking spread there. Thing I liked most was the fact you have a picture of four different beers during your prep time. You sir are a professional. LOL

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Man, thats a good looking spread there. Thing I liked most was the fact you have a picture of four different beers during your prep time. You sir are a professional. LOL
Good eye there Doug. Are you a detective by chance? If not, I think you may have missed your calling.

George

I presumed you had your beer in hand during the pictures where there was not one present. Right?
Mine was. LOL! But I'm more of a one can man myself. I didn't even try the kid's wines.
So I stick to my PBR and Fireball Whiskey.
I had a new to me flask to try out... $2.99 at the goodwill store.

Ok I'll be the one to say what we're all thinking. Smokin you have enough beer for one 15 year old junior high school student and you don't have a WSM. There I said it.

Seriously that is one impressive smoke you had going on there. Everything looks delicious. If I was a betting man I would say all who attended left very very satisfied. Nice Job.

Point for sure.

Chris

I presumed you had your beer in hand during the pictures where there was not one present. Right?
Mine was. LOL! But I'm more of a one can man myself. I didn't even try the kid's wines.
So I stick to my PBR and Fireball Whiskey.
I had a new to me flask to try out... $2.99 at the goodwill store.

Sonny your exactly right! Always gotta have a cold one while cooking. Sad thing is that's the beer I forgot to pick up more of...PBR!

Reactions: SonnyE
Ok I'll be the one to say what we're all thinking. Smokin you have enough beer for one 15 year old junior high school student and you don't have a WSM. There I said it.

Seriously that is one impressive smoke you had going on there. Everything looks delicious. If I was a betting man I would say all who attended left very very satisfied. Nice Job.

Point for sure.

Chris

Thanks for the point Chris. Been seeing all this good food you have been smoking lately and it inspired me!

That’s one hell of a feast!

I see you only saved me one PBR, i’ll need a few more when I come by to help with those leftovers.

LIKE!

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
That’s one hell of a feast!

I see you only saved me one PBR, i’ll need a few more when I come by to help with those leftovers.

LIKE!

Thanks for the like! Since I put a good size dent in my stash over the weekend I stopped yesterday and grabbed some Rolling Rock and PBR's

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky