Father's Day Flat Top Breakfast On The Patio (Pics Included)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Simple, basic, and to-the-point but a nice way to start the day. Well, we'd already done the whole treatment on the yard and I'd made beer while Tracy was at church.

A pack of homemade maple and brown sugar bacon on the griddle
001.jpg

Got some biscuits on the grill
002.jpg

Mix up some eggs with a splash of milk and a bunch of smoked extra sharp cheddar cheese
004.jpg

Bacon done. Five slices on the left for me and three on the right for Tracy
005.jpg

Eggs onto the griddle
008.jpg

Biscuits coming along nicely
009.jpg

They are done
010.jpg

Breakfast plated. Time to eat
012.jpg

Bonus biscuit
013.jpg

014.jpg

It was fun cooking all of it outside and eating on the patio, listening to the birds chirp, and enjoying the view down the canyon in the back. A nice, quiet, serene way to start the day of nothing being planned :emoji_wink:

Need to post up a few more breakfast meals....
Robert

That’s an awesome looking breakfast!! Surprised you got a nice picture of the scrambled eggs. Mine were done in a flash plus i had to chase and corral them all across the griddle to stop them from going into the grease trap...Table must be not level lol.

I’m going to make this right now!

Totally misread the title as " ... Flat top Brisket..."

I was ready for some Robert Magic! :emoji_sweat_smile: :emoji_laughing:

But, all that aside, outstanding breakfast! And now I need to go eat something haha.

Hell yeah Robert! I am sure your kids were sad they missed out on that one. My kind of breakfast right there. Surprised you didn't make the gravy to go with the biscuits! Know how you love that gravy. Big like man. Happy Father's Day!

What a fantastic way to start the day Robert, big Like! Breakfast on the patio using the flat top has already become standard procedure here. I can't hear the birds singing over the constant racket the doves make, they're everywhere in Arizona and pretty much regarded as pests. The doves like to swoop down to the pool fountain to try and get a little drink of water, never easy to do with Bob manning his post. RAY
DSCN1796.JPG

i had to chase and corral them all across the griddle to stop them from going into the grease trap...Table must be not level lol.

Oh I had to chase mine all over the place to. Look close and you can see the smears on the griddle from chasing the eggs. I just tried to remove them as best I could for the pic :emoji_laughing:

I’m going to make this right now!

I saw that you did in fact make breakfast. I'll be there shortly to reply.

Robert

That looks like a breakfast I could dig into. Great work!

Thanks Steve!! All that's missing is the Bloody Mary :emoji_wink:

Simple but great looking breakfast. Good job.

Warren

Appreciate it Warren. Although simple, it was very enjoyable just sitting out on the patio before it got hot and having some good food and the company of my lovely wife.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky