Father's Day Flat Top Breakfast On The Patio (Pics Included)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I wasn’t kidding earlier. Thanks for the inspiration.

Cheesy chive scrambled eggs, bacon and biscuits with apple butter.

Damn Joe...nice looking breakfast and glad you were inspired. That happens to me a lot in here :emoji_wink:

PA born and raised. If it doesn’t include apple butter, it’s not breakfast

How true Derek!! Although not from PA, apple butter was a staple when I was a kid, and probably one of my favorite things on the planet. Hadn't thought about it in years but now you have me thinking it needs to be on hand at all times again. Matter of fact, based on your reply, I grabbed a jar when I was at the store yesterday afternoon. Thanks!!

Robert

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
Awesome breakfast! My kind of meal!

Thanks so much Travis. It's not Egge Benedict but it was good.

Hell yeah Robert! I am sure your kids were sad they missed out on that one. My kind of breakfast right there. Surprised you didn't make the gravy to go with the biscuits! Know how you love that gravy. Big like man. Happy Father's Day!

Thought about all those goodies, like gravy, but after getting all the morning chores done, I was ready to get something cooked in a hurry and eat. Thanks for the kind words my friend!!

Robert

Breakfast on the patio using the flat top has already become standard procedure here.

Yes sir, I had a feeling that would be coming my friend. As soon as I got mine you mentioned seeing breakfast on the patio in my future so it'd only stand to reason that you'd also be enjoying it.

The doves like to swoop down to the pool fountain to try and get a little drink of water, never easy to do with Bob manning his post.

Way to go Bob!! Bianca just wants to go out and play with all the animals...if she's not asleep. The animals don't get the fact that she means no harm so they take off anyway. Bob needs to come for a visit and teach the fat dog what her responsibilities around here are :emoji_wink:

Thanks for the LIKE sir!!
Robert

My favorite meal of the weekend is what you just made...big like!

Thank you Eddie. During the week if I'm on the road I eat lunch around 8:00 in the morning but will cook breakfast if I'm home. On the weekends though, I want a nice breakfast.

Now that is a breakfast of champions Robert. Great job!

Dave

That just can't be true. If it were, I wouldn't be allowed to eat it :emoji_wink: Seriously Dave, very much appreciate the kind words sir.

Robert

That only works if you have a stained wife beater shirt. I can loan you mine.Unwashed of course.....;)

I have a feeling that if Zach showed up wearing your wife beater shirt Kay would come totally unglued and Zach would be the one who got beaten. She's not one to be trifled with :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Good looking breakfast there Robert, I bet those grilled biscuits have a great flavor too!

I've been doing biscuits on the grill for a long time, and you're absolutely correct. They pick up a nice little flavor from the grill that you don't get in an oven, plus I'm not heating up the house.

Great way to start Fathers Day buddy!

I could eat a plate or three of that.

LIKE!

John

Thanks so much my friend!! Very much appreciate it. I have 20# of bacon almost done curing so come on down!! By the time you get here it'll be ready and i'll make you four plates :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: tander28
I have a feeling that if Zach showed up wearing your wife beater shirt Kay would come totally unglued and Zach would be the one who got beaten. She's not one to be trifled with :emoji_laughing:

Robert
Yeah, the wrath of a women. Good point Robert. Forget the offer. With my luck she'd beat my address out of you. And would be knocking at my door.

With my luck she'd beat my address out of you. And would be knocking at my door.

She wouldn't have to beat me. All she'd have to do is give me "that look" and I'd give you up in a second. I'm not gonna get on her bad side over your wife beater shirt. She may not ever make deviled eggs for me again, and that would just suck!! :emoji_laughing:

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H
Ah yes. That look. Know it well. I bow in defeat. And plead that in your good graces not to report my temporary lapse of common sense!

How true Derek!! Although not from PA, apple butter was a staple when I was a kid, and probably one of my favorite things on the planet. Hadn't thought about it in years but now you have me thinking it needs to be able on hand at all times again. Matter of fact, based on your reply, I grabbed a jar when I was at the store yesterday afternoon. Thanks!!

Robert

Robert,

I was joking and don’t want to take away from your post, but apple butter is always a solid addition to a biscuit during breakfast. I may have gone a little too far lol.

Robert,

I was joking and don’t want to take away from your post, but apple butter is always a solid addition to a biscuit during breakfast. I may have gone a little too far lol.

No sir!! You did not go too far at all. I truly appreciate the reminder of something that was a loved addition to pretty much everything years ago but I've not thought about in a long time. Seriously, apple butter was one of my favorite things in the world as a kid but sometimes time gets away from us and we forget about those things. This forum is a great place to get the reminders of of long lost love affairs, and this is one of those times.

Robert

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky