Fanfare for the common man: Mexican Pizza

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
With all the posts recently about homemade Mexican food and pizza. I thought I'd throw one out there for all of us who are either to lazy to make things from scratch or are culinary deficient. This is as close to authentic Mexican food that I've had. Pretty sad I know.

So lets get the ball rolling: First up the fix'ins.

DSC01519.JPG

Brown the beef up. This is close to 3 pounds of 85/15. I couldn't get 90/10. Once browned - drain the grease and put it back into the pan with 2.5 cups of water and the appropriate amount of Taco seasoning(3 packs for this attempt). Stirring occasionally until the water is basically gone.
DSC01522.JPG

Then spread the re-fried beans evenly over the pizza dough.

DSC01523.JPG

Then top the with the ground meat. I didn't use all 3 pounds. Probably about a half of it. Note: Be careful not to get to close to the edge of the dough.
DSC01526.JPG

Add a few spoons of chunky salsa.

DSC01527.JPG

And top with some shredded Mexican blend cheese.
DSC01529.JPG

Side shot:

DSC01530.JPG

Bake at 450* until the cheese has melted
DSC01531.JPG

Top with rough diced tomatoes
DSC01534.JPG

...and rough chopped lettuce
DSC01536.JPG

Since I know I can't eat 4 slices of pizza. I cut the pizza into qtrs. That way I can stick with my 2 slices.
DSC01538.JPG

Thanks for looking at my authentic New England Mexican pizza.

Chris

Looks good from here! I'd definitely help ya eat that!

Ryan

Looks Awesome to me...add some habaneros and sour cream and into a food coma I would go!

Boy howdy Chris, looks like you've got the best of both worlds right there, Like! I always feel that if you use chili powder, salsa, or Ortega chilis on anything it makes it Mexican food. RAY

Not a thing in the world wrong with that Chris. Darned good looking meal, probably tasted great, and was quick to put together. I'd sure as heck tear into a bunch of it :emoji_wink:

Robert

That pie looks really good!
Nice work.
I could definitely crush a few slices of that.
Thank you 2Mac and for the like.

Looks good from here! I'd definitely help ya eat that!

Ryan

Appreciate that Ryan and for the like. I still have a couple of slices. Way to much for the wife and I.

Chris

Looks delicious to me chris. Probably gonna give this a try

Give it a go Jake, I think you'll like it and it's easy to make. Appreciate the compliment.

Looks Awesome to me...add some habaneros and sour cream and into a food coma I would go!

Habaneros yes I like that idea. I'll pass on the sour cream. Appreciate the like and comment clifish.

Chris

Looks Great, Chris!!
All those NE Mexicans teach you that??? :emoji_laughing:
Nice Job!!
Like.

Bear

Not sure about the NE Mexicans, but since I'm near the Canadian border maybe the Canadian variety. Thanks for the like and a compliment Bear appreciate them. Also for the chuckle.

Absolutely Nothing wrong with that dish. I would eat it.

Thank you muchly inda, It's a good change of pace - something a little different especially for us.

Chris

OMG that looks uhmazing!

Appreciate that saint also for the like.
Chris over here eating his Mexican pizza like
View attachment 479896

JK buddy that looks great! I actually cooked up something similar last night but doesn't look as good. Big LIKE!

Hey how'd you get on my facebook page John. My said she wouldn't post that pic. Thanks for the like and chuckle appreciate them.

Chris

😂 the above post is hilarious! I can see Chris doing that!

Anyway, great job Chris!

Somehow I knew you'd enjoy that post Justin. I appreciate the like and comment thanks.

Boy howdy Chris, looks like you've got the best of both worlds right there, Like! I always feel that if you use chili powder, salsa, or Ortega chilis on anything it makes it Mexican food. RAY

Thank you Ray also for the like. Yup for us living on the northern border this is Mexican food.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky