Fajitas - our Christmas Eve tradition

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TripleLindy

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 1, 2022
DFW area
We’ve been cooking fajitas for Christmas Eve for several years - pretty easy cook, satisfies both chicken and beef eaters, some Christmas “color”, and best of all, served family style. We got off to a late starting due to a burst pipe in the apartment above my son’s, so pictures were limited to during the cook, as everything was a bit frenzied with a house full of hungry people. Too bad I missed the carmelized onions, Mexican rice and desserts. Grilled the veggies on the KJ while cooking the flank steak and chicken breasts on the Blaze natural gasser. Shout out to chilerelleno chilerelleno for the marinade recipe! I used it on the flank steak and it was outstanding!

Merry Christmas everyone!

1671991455361.jpeg

1671991519466.jpeg

1671991549163.jpeg

Are those big ass jalepeno slices in there?
Thank you! Yep - we roll with seeds, membranes and all. I was worried that there would be too much heat, but it was actually just about perfect. I had to cook several batches of peppers, and the fumes coming off those jalapeños were rough!

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky