21 day dry aged strip loin roast for Christmas eve lunch

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

spohnat

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 15, 2016
Here is my third time doing this. Will be served for Christmas eve lunch w family friends. Sandwhiches or platters of this, ham and/or brisket.
  • 2.57 pounds of 21 day dry aged grassfed beef strip loin roast
  • Scored fat cap, rubbed with curtis stone mesquite steak sauce and seasoned with salt, Tellicherry peppercorns, garlic powder, onion powder an
  • sat in the fridge for about 6 hours for seasoning to soak in
  • Using Grilla chimp with start temp of 205. In around 6pm
  • gradually reduced to 185 degrees over next 90 mins
  • Basted at 95 degrees with half a stick of unsalted pepper around 1:45 into cook)
  • Pulling at 128 degrees. Letting cool, into the fridge and slicing thinkly tomorrow AM
  • Upgraded my slicer to Chef Choice 615A and this will be the first use of it.
See last years cook here: https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t...temp-hold-like-a-brisket.318990/#post-2393017

More update pics to come. Post seasoning, smoker shot and then post baste shot

Upcoming:
Christmas day cook is 45 day dry aged grass fed 6.5 lb 3 bone prime rib
New Years Eve: 2 lbs of 21 day dry aged grass fed trimmed tenderloin

Attachments

• IMG_4936.jpeg
    IMG_4936.jpeg
    214.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4937.jpeg
    IMG_4937.jpeg
    248.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4938.jpeg
    IMG_4938.jpeg
    232 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
took about 3 hours. photos before pulled off the grill and before wrapping it. Ill share slices tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_4939.jpeg
    IMG_4939.jpeg
    236.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4940.jpeg
    IMG_4940.jpeg
    130.5 KB · Views: 17
Was absolutely delicious. Forgot to take pics until going back for seconds. My favorite way was on a Hawaiian roll and dipped into a demi glaze or straight up.

Leftoves are for Christmas day lunch and making a prime rib for dinner. Merry Christmas

Attachments

• IMG_4953.jpeg
    IMG_4953.jpeg
    182.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4952.jpeg
    IMG_4952.jpeg
    203.1 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: Schwarzwald Metzger
It was incredibly tasty! I got so caught up in enjoying it that I forgot to take pictures until I went back for seconds. My favorite way to eat it was on a Hawaiian roll, either dipped into a demi glaze or simply enjoyed on its own.
Here is my third time doing this. Will be served for Christmas eve lunch w family friends. Sandwhiches or platters of this, ham and/or brisket.
  • 2.57 pounds of 21 day dry aged grassfed beef strip loin roast
  • Scored fat cap, rubbed with curtis stone mesquite steak sauce and seasoned with salt, Tellicherry peppercorns, garlic powder, onion powder an
  • sat in the fridge for about 6 hours for seasoning to soak in
  • Using Grilla chimp with start temp of 205. In around 6pm
  • gradually reduced to 185 degrees over next 90 mins
  • Basted at 95 degrees with half a stick of unsalted pepper around 1:45 into cook)
  • Pulling at 128 degrees. Letting cool, into the fridge and slicing thinkly tomorrow AM
  • Upgraded my slicer to Chef Choice 615A and this will be the first use of it.
See last years cook here: https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t...temp-hold-like-a-brisket.318990/#post-2393017

More update pics to come. Post seasoning, smoker shot and then post baste shot

Upcoming:
Christmas day cook is 45 day dry aged grass fed 6.5 lb 3 bone prime rib
New Years Eve: 2 lbs of 21 day dry aged grass fed trimmed tenderloin
It was incredibly tasty! I got so caught up in enjoying it that I forgot to take pictures until I went back for seconds. My favorite way to eat it was on a Hawaiian roll, either dipped into a demi glaze or simply enjoyed on its own.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky