End of Aug. Baby back ribs with sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ken2587

Original poster
Jun 19, 2017
Virginia
Well I got some baby back ribs from local butcher where I get my briskets from and he had nice baby backs on a decent deal at roughly 2 dollars a lb so I took advantage of them they were in case in half racks which doesn't bother me again I went to the little rib rocket aka little brinkmann smoker and started my cook at roughly noon today set smoker for 250 temp and went inside and started prep the ribs
So I washed and patted dry layed a thin layer of yellow mustard down and applied the rub I used a couple of oak ridge BBQ rubs smoker temp got up to 250 and some peach wood and I tossed em on the pit in a few mid day snacks of sausage to pulled them after couple hours
And a peak at ribs after pulling sausage
After pulled sausage that was about 2 1/2 hours of peach wood smoke so I switched to charcoal for rest of cook keeping lid closed and temp 250-260 I never spritz or wrapped my ribs I went by time then tossed a probe in thick part of rib roll wanted desired temp of 190-195 and here is result just as I applied a glaze sauce
After letting sit in smoker for another 30 mins I pulled and took inside meat was delicious still juicy tender but not fall off bone tender like I like them stil had slight pull on them so I cut and served with corn and sweet breads
Hope y'all enjoyed this post thanks for looking
Ken

Great looking meal Ken!

Very nicely done!

icon14.gif
  Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky