Elk Burgers!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rafter H BBQ

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 18, 2013
S.E. Idaho
Hey all, was wrapping up a few projects around the house today and wanted to keep dinner simple!

Had a couple packages of elk burger out, so figured a burger would be good!

Had two one pound packages out, so divided each package into two burgers. Infused in some grated butter and hit was some Kinder’s The Blend seasoning!

3EB424C5-9E39-4AFC-BBF1-47B013F2234F.jpeg

26D2DB93-B571-4A12-A6D3-8C3F884EF2EB.jpeg

Folded in the seasoning and grated butter, then made the patties!

33A01594-558E-46EA-91A4-A12B6AFDFFBF.jpeg

Cooked in the CI skillet with bacon grease! Had made some ABT’s yesterday, so warmed some of those up, sliced and topped the burger with those!

E6F31F97-42B1-4967-BCCC-6A28E4863B9F.jpeg

Built the burger with some Mayo, the elk and topped with the ABT’s! Also, had a half of avocado and some chips!

06E8B0E9-9D87-401E-BC4D-7F2162B8BD01.jpeg

3A687C56-E802-47A0-BEBE-7821E83F8639.jpeg

This was a pretty quick and tasty meal… Thanks for looking!

Looks great I love elk!! Love the grated butter idea.
Butter burgers are frick'in amazing!!!
Not only are they perfect for game meat, they are a must do with ground beef.

Freeze a cube or two of "good" butter then either use a cheese grater or food processor to pulse it into a gravel texture, then fold into the raw meat. You can also fold in minced bacon bits and smoked cheese into the meat for an amazing bacon cheeseburger. :emoji_metal:

Last edited:
Those look great! The abt's are a great topping idea. I may have to steal that one. Maybe one day I'll get lucky enough to draw an elk tag.

Thanks for the kind words and like! I do hope you can draw a tag!

Wow! Love them burgers! You've been killing it lately! Great work!

Ryan

Thanks Ryan, these did hit the spot! Finally had a couple days to do some cooking, was a fun weekend! Appreciate the like too!

Oh My!!
Looks Better than Awesome!!
And it's been years since I had Elk, Moose Caribou, or Bear.
I miss them!!
Thanks for Showing!
Like.

Bear

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
Looks great I love elk!! Love the grated butter idea.

Thanks Jeff, elk is our fav and the butter infused into the burger definitely kicked it up a notch… will do that more often! Appreciate ya dropping a line and the like!

Reactions: jcam222
Nan Justin, that's some dark, rich, tasty looking meat right there. Been wondering what to do with a pack of ground elk meat I have in the freezer :emoji_wink: I think you helped me figure it out.

Robert

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
Butter burgers are frick'in amazing!!!
Not only are they perfect for game meat, they are a must do with ground beef.

Freeze a cube or two of "good" butter them either use a cheese grater or food processor to pulse it into a gravel texture, them fold into the raw meat. You can also fold in minced bacon bits and smoked cheese into the meat for an amazing bacon cheese burger. :emoji_metal:

Easy Dan, your getting kinda out of control here! 😂
Totally joking with ya man, I agree… the butter infusion makes an awesome burger! I’ll have to try the other options infused too… sounds tasty! 👊🏼👍🏼

• Haha
Reactions: forktender
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky