• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Elk Rack and Flap Steak

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Chris_in_SoCal

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined
Feb 18, 2012
Messages
2,078
Reaction score
4,017
Location
SCV - So Cal
I thawed out the 5 rib rack of Elk and also had another flap steak to cook up.

Fired up the pit with Cowboy lump and then added Red Oak and Hickory splits. Foil wrapped potatoes in the coals. 3 fresh ears of corn. Not in this pic since it was already finished.

elk_flap_001.jpg


I found a KFC coleslaw copycat recipe and it turned out great. It tastes just like the original. the flap steak was great but the Elk is out of this world delicious.

elk_flap_002.jpg
 
Second helping tonight of everything and the Elk was the star of the show.

If you have never tried it before I suggest you splurge a little and give it a try.

In my opinion Beef > Bison > Elk

This is where I ordered it from - First Light USA

It took a few days to arrive but it was all packaged very well in a foam cooler and had plenty of dry ice to keep it frozen.

I made a large order and shipping was only $10.
 
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Back
Top
Clicky