Electric Power tools

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
So looking for more info / advice. Looking at buying a dewalt weedeater for our son. Think the biggest batteries I have now are 5 amp hour, but I see they have flex volt batteries...just know nothing about them. He lives in town on a corner lot.

Ryan

I am in the EGO family for yard tools, I have the power head weed trimmer and love it. I also have the 650 CFM blower and love it. The mower is nice but doesn't do as good of a job as my gasser, might be better if I sharpen the blade. Hand tools, I'm all in on the dewalt 20v max system. I have a drill, sander, 3/8 impact, 1/2 high torque impact, work light , spot light and a 8" pole was. Never had an issue with any of these. All brushless, the only way to go.

m in the EGO family for yard tools, I have the power head weed trimmer and love it. I also have the 650 CFM blower and love it.
Same, the EGO mower I bought does a fantastic job. I bought the self propelled one, but not he top of the line, might be lowest priced self propelled.

So looking for more info / advice. Looking at buying a dewalt weedeater for our son. Think the biggest batteries I have now are 5 amp hour, but I see they have flex volt batteries...just know nothing about them. He lives in town on a corner lot.

Ryan
I have the Dewalt Weedeater. The thing is a beast. 9amp flex bolt battery, I can do all my trimming around all trees and buildings on single charge 1.5 acres

Reactions: Brokenhandle
I have the Dewalt Weedeater. The thing is a beast. 9amp flex bolt battery, I can do all my trimming around all trees and buildings on single charge 1.5 acres
Do you have a model # ? Looked at a few online today...but going to our local farm store never know if you're gonna find someone knowledgeable about them.

Ryan

Do you have a model # ? Looked at a few online today...but going to our local farm store never know if you're gonna find someone knowledgeable about them.

Ryan
20220519_205051.jpg

Reactions: Brokenhandle
I have a Ryobi string trimmer with the 5 amp/hour batteries. Variable speeds and no vibration. Really like it. Plus a bunch of their 18 volt tools.
Since I started doing some major renovations on the home a few years. I used that as an excuse to move up to the Milwaukee 18 volt fuel line up. These tools are incredible.

This could end up costing me twice the money...which wouldn't be all bad in a way. Owe my son money for helping on the farm so we agreed I would buy him a weedeater in exchange for wages. But if he really likes it and my wife tries it and likes it, she might want one. Hhhmmmm... less trimming for me in exchange for the cost of a 2nd one...might be a good trade off!

Ryan

I've been using El Cheapo "Worx" tools, weedeater/Edger, Hedge Trimmer, leaf blower, but I can't do that stuff any more, so the only thing gets used is the leaf blower that Mrs Bear uses. All the Worx stuff works good, considering the low cost.

Bear Jr has a lot of "Ego" stuff, and loves it, including one of their Mowers & the Snowblower.

Bear

Last edited:
I have a DeWalt 20 volt and it works great for grass I use the 6 amp batteries.
For heavy stuff and brush I still have to use a gas powered commercial model which is a whole lot heavier.
If your wife does any of the weedeating you can just go ahead and get 2 of them because she'll like it much lighter than the gas models

I’m in the market for a chainsaw but am going for gas. Reason: if I really NEED a chainsaw the power is probably out. So unless I spend alot more for multiple batteries, gas is the way to go. And yeah most of the time electric would be more convenient for light work around the yard but I’m planning for the inconvient.... leaf blower, weed whacker, sure, go battery.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky